Whirring/vibration

Turner

Hi all

My focus has recently developed a whir which becomes noticeable 30 mph +. The faster I go the louder it gets. There's no vibration through the steering but I can generally feel it through the floor at higher speeds. Making a right turn makes it a lot louder. I think it's a bearing but unsure of front or rear. Any thoughts?

Jack it up and give the wheel a shake and feel for play.

make sure to only lift the side your checking so any play from your steering rack doesn't interfere with you check.

you may laugh now but a mate of a mate swore his front bearings were knackered after he lifted his motors front to check for play and didnt even clock that he was shifting the steering rack when doing it.... a genuine facepalm moment

Jack it up and give the wheel a shake and feel for play.

make sure to only lift the side your checking so any play from your steering rack doesn't interfere with you check.

you may laugh now but a mate of a mate swore his front bearings were knackered after he lifted his motors front to check for play and didnt even clock that he was shifting the steering rack when doing it.... a genuine facepalm moment

That's the first thing that caught me out shaw before I realised that it was steering play lol.

I found it difficult to feel any sort of give on any wheel at the 3 and 9, or 12 and 6 positions.

It's being checked out next week but sounds like it's coming from the rear. Will update the thread then.