Mot trouble

lucus17

Hi guys! So this has been a bad year on the mot! Last year it flew through! This year not so lucky! First it failed on emissions and the handbrake was stupidly loose . So I replaced air filter and cleaned out the box and pipes and tightened hand break cable by gator. Fitted new spark plugs and fitted new lambda sensor. Took it back and it failed again so this time replaced ht leads and catalytic converter. Passes emissions by fails as the hand break I tightened needs adjusting and I had put a small hole in the sil from jacking it up in the wrong place (newbie error I know ). So! Got it in to the garage and got those things fixed. Then on way back to mot place (I used a Mot only place-no repairs) I notice the windscreen washers are being dodgy and working intermittently. Being a retest they shouldn't even look at them and just look at the sil and the breaks and the licence plate light (failed that too, loose connection) surely?. So that's my question. For a retest will they just check the failed things?

they are only supposed to check previous fails

just stand with them and make sure they check the parts theyre supposed to, my fiesta failed a few years ago on lower arms, when i went back for a retest the tester literally just poked his head under the car just to see that they had been changed and that was it