Can someone recomend a good......

M4TT

I agree mate, Sony don't make anything that is top notch nowadays. They used to years ago, but have moved away from the In car market.

That's sad to hear. I've got the same Ford (made by Sony) set up that came with the car as new (upgrade) and have never had a problem with it. My Sony Trinitron TV finally gave up the ghost last weekend after 17 years without a problem. I've always thought of them as totally reliable and good quality.

My Sony Trinitron TV finally gave up the ghost last weekend after 17 years without a problem.

my point exactly...............the old stuff is spot on..........as long as it lasts......my head unit is an old Pro series 900 rds, was about 700 quid new, back when god was a lad and Sony had thier eye set on quality and not shareholders profits...............

Well I went to get a new TV in a hurry - the only flat screen (not wide) I could get was a Toshiba. I don't want a wide-screen at the moment as I have a posh oak tv cabinet that won't take anything bigger than a 22" with front speakers. I wonder if this will last as long as the old Sony?

• 3 weeks later...

just got some sony X-plod 4way 6x9's today and they look quality build wise, gonna fit em tomorrow and see how they sound and hopefully will be happy with results

also have a sony active black flip down h/u an i love it

but then i dont know d ?( iddly bout ice, as long as it sounds and looks nice it'll do me!

My Brother has a MP80 and Xplod amp they are great! Had no probs so far and he got it a little while ago now, when they first came out.

Sound wicked! and the head unit looks really good too he's runing one JL 15W0 and its really a lovely and loud car!

Will get him on this site too....his car is same as mine 2000 Reg black 1600 Finesse.

If I was looking for a MP3 head unit I would get this one....definately! :O