why

John16v

when i drive i have my system on! and recently it keeps cutting out (well the too amps do) i've checked all the conections however when i play around with the distribution block the work for abit the cut out then come back on etc, sometimes only one amp comes on other times the other amp and sometimes to gether....this is really pissing me off can anyone please help?????????????

john

• 1 month later...
Get a new distribution block

Nope the distribution block will be fine, its solid brass ffs!

check all the earth cables sounds like it could b that

ALL amps should be earthed to the same place.

How many amps do you have ? chances are you headunit is not supplying enough current on the remote turn on lead to crank all the amps over and keep them all on at the same time. I have 5 amps in my car and 3 control boxes, I could only get four of the amps to power on at one time if using the headunit remote on, so I built a relay so all the amps get the remote turn on power from the battery.

Try this for a test, disconnect the remote turn on wire from the headunit and get another small peice of wire, bridge the +12ve and the remote turn on, all the amps will be recieving the turn on current from the batter (nice healtly supply) Leave it connected and try playin the music again.

Make sure you disconnected it when you finished tho.

HERE IS THE DEFINITIVE GUIDE TO TROUBLESHOOTING AMPS!!!!

(From MY experience that is. :P)

1st. Check the fuses that are in the power cable

2nd. Check that the power cables are connected securely to the battery

3rd. Check the fuses that are in the amplifiers

4th. Check that the earths are ok, sometimes oxidation on the metal can stop the earth from working, sand it down a bit and try again

5th. Check the wires on the amplifier, are they all securely connected, is the remote connected properly?

6th. Check that the remote wire is securely connected to the headunit

7th. It could be that the temperature is too high, find out whether it is by pumping your system for a while in a deserted place and if it turns off when especially under stress look at the lights to see if it says overheat, put the amps outside when in use to see if the cold stops them from overheating

8th. Make sure the wires on the amp arent touching one another, nor the wires on the subs/speakers this will make the overcurrent light turn on and cut off the amps if they touch

The power from the remote wire will be plenty to turn 2 amplifiers on! ;)

If all of this fails then have a look at your distribution block, if that fails then it could be an internal problem with your amplifier which i cant help with :pancake: