who here.......

John

needs to be 1.5 CU ft

do the cubed root of 1.5 that gives about 1.14. so if each side of the box was 1.14FT you would get

1.14 * 1.14 * 1.14 = 1.48 CU FT

increase that to something realistic say 1.20ft and you will get

1.73 CUft. This would give you a sub box with equal sides, essentially a cube.

Gets a bit more complicated when you start adding angles and things.

On another note i happen to have an old sub box in the garage not doing anything, pm me or catch me on msn and im sure we can work something out m8 :cheers:

thanks for the offers gents. due to a ultimate quiet day at work i spent most of it with a pen and bit of paper working it out over and over again til i got there!

i've now managed to get the markings down on some lovely 18mm MDF and even managed to work out the angle so i can utilise the back of the seat and not lose as much boot space!

gonna get cutting tomorrow night 8)

internal dimensions came out at 15" x 15" x 11.5" to make a pretty standard shaped kinda thing but i've played about with it a bit so i could get the angle on the back still. so hopefully it's all gonna work how it should!

end of the day it's cost 13 quid for some MDF so if it fails misserably then i haven't really lost much. but if it works out then i'm on a roll and can get me nice new sub all built in just how i want it to!