Custom Installs

Brown

rarrr, well.. here's the story

I've recently replaced & upgraded some of my ICE. For now, I've just got the 6x9's in my stealth shelf. I've got 2 amps & a sub to go in yet, but I want a proper install. None of that fibreglass stuff, I just want a decent, secure install so that no tossers can just rip my gear out

so, here's what I need.. Boot space is essential. I was thinking of having the subs facing each other on either side of the boot, behind my rear lights and above the wheel area.. know how i mean?

I''ll want the amps secure too.. maybe even out of view.

Like I said, fibreglass isn't really my kinda thing.. a nice carpeted install will do well,.. but the most important things are the boot space and also that i can access the spare. [lol @ practicality]

is this kind of install gonna be expesive? I was gonna give Sabre a call, but thought i'd check it out on here first.

anyone got any similar installs? with pics?

Help !! ;(

Ian

you wanna try doing it your self. I did my first install by self but the box was already made for my by chrissyboy but i did the sides and a few more things. Ded easy once you get in to it. It would be easy to put a box at the sides where you want. there is a company that make them but i can't remember who at the moment or you could make your own so you still have your boot space and can access the spare wheel. I ain't bothered about my boot space so my takes up all the boot. i got some pics somewhere like the install you are on about, i will see if i can find them and post them up

heres a pic of mine :thumb:

453997_7_full.jpg

Hi mate my friend built the whole system for me it took him 2 days, all the seats out carpet out the lot.

he has done boot builds for jbl,he knows his stuff

the amps the i have got in are both 1ohm stable 1 running the speakers and the other running the 2 subs thats running at 1 ohm..

it kicks arse :thumb:

My first install kept the boot space, sub and amp at the side of the boot

old.jpg

The second install lost a bit more boot space

bootyful.jpg

Now its being replaced again leaving no boot space, but its :censored:

Have a go at doing it yourself, the box is easy to make, especially if you keep straight lines, if you do make your own, seal around the edges of the sub encloser with filler or sealant for better sound quality

• 2 weeks later...