cleaning st1

Rob84

Just finished the first stage of cleaning of me car for trax this morning. i've got 95% of the baked on bugs and flies of the front of me car and wing mirrors. so that saves me a job next saturday :thumb:

and whoever said auto glym tar remover is good for flies, is wrong! it did feck all to shift em :rolleyes: ended up using Auto glym super resin polish and with some elbow grease, the vast majority have come off.

any1 else started cleaning, or doing little bits for next weekend?

am starting 2moro. Gotta get the wheels off to give it a good clean, and i need a part, but dunno whether there's anyway I can get it before Trax, gotta see how fast delivery times are or if not it means a lengthy drive in the week unless I can fin somewhere else! :nutter:

Can't wait tho! :D 8)

:thumb:

i've got 95% of the baked on bugs and flies of the front of me car and wing mirrors.  so that saves me a job next saturday  :

Wont you end up gettin thousand more by next week ? :baby:

i had about 3 months worth to shift, and now its clean, a quick wipe over each night with some show shine and it'll stay clean, and for the drive down, (u may laugh) i'll use some cling film :thumb: no point spending hours cleaning just for all my efforts to be wasted on the drive down :D

Wish i did that when i went to FF, spent ages pickin the lil f**kers of wiv my nails the night before, then by the time i got up to FF i had killed half the population of flys again :@

Always wonderd how do you keep te clean foil on then ?

just wrap it on, thats it, and for the bonnet, start half way up with layers from one side of car to the other, then work down to the bottom. make sure its well pressed down, and dont put any on the grills and u'll be fine. some bits may lift and come off but if done correctly, it'll stay on well enough :thumb:

I put clingfilm on mine last year Rob! Might do it this year too!! Washed mine today too, gonna polish her next week, done the wheels quite good too, might get some pics up soon! Its getting cleaner by the week, now that ive got hold of it, the arches should be white inside by next year too!! :O