Have a look at this saxo!

BUTLER

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plus you have to think they only come with around 105/115 bhp standard, and thats good enough for around 8/8.5s 0-60...

Actaully the VTS is a 7sec car. And the same engine is in a 106 GTi, and thats a 6sec car because its lighter!

where'd you get ur figures from Paul, Jackanory????

Saxo 1.6VTS = 7.6 sec

106 1.6 Gti 16v = 8.4 sec

(Source, Parkers)

Shame its a saxo  :nutter: .

Would like to find the guy when me and a couple of mates have finished project astra though, pretty sure it would rinse him.  :cheers:

aye if i get this new job and my gt4 goes under the spanner wud be interesting to see how it wud fare :D

as i sed tho fox, its lighter :P but wud still lose out after 60/70 imo, bmw just has more power, regardless of how much heavier it is, off the mark ud expect the saxo to be quicker tho :)

Plus you have to think they only come with around 105/115 bhp standard, and thats good enough for around 8/8.5s 0-60...

Actaully the VTS is a 7sec car. And the same engine is in a 106 GTi, and thats a 6sec car because its lighter!

Saxo 1.6VTS = 7.6 sec

(Source, Parkers)

It was my understanding 106's were faster than VTS'

Saxo 1.6VTS = 7.6 sec

(Source, Parkers)

It was my understanding 106's were faster than VTS'

106s are faster than vts parkers are full of crap ;) peugeot stats for the gti ar 7.1 citreon stats for vts are 7.6, although in 2000 the ecu was changed to 3 plug from 1 plug and slight engine change were made and the newer engine produced 130 or better as standard compared to the 115 - 120 the 1 plug ecu produced

230ish bhp beating a 320 odd bhp m3? ?( sorry but....lol?

also i like how it doesnt show the end, u wud expect it to keep up for a bit being so light but the m3 wud of destroyed it past 60/70

and what speed do you think they were doing then i can tell you it was considerably quicker than 60 infact the vts only started pulling on the m3 past 40 ;)

oh and the vts will pull all the way to 165 with the dogbox gear box where as the m3 is limited to 155

so the m3 would be destroyed at any speed :cheers:

230ish bhp beating a 320 odd bhp m3? ?( sorry but....lol?

also i like how it doesnt show the end, u wud expect it to keep up for a bit being so light but the m3 wud of destroyed it past 60/70

and what speed do you think they were doing then i can tell you it was considerably quicker than 60 infact the vts only started pulling on the m3 past 40 ;)

oh and the vts will pull all the way to 165 with the dogbox gear box where as the m3 is limited to 155

so the m3 would be destroyed at any speed :cheers:

Lol :P , but i'd still rather have that BMW! :pancake:

i dont suspect its just supercharged, bet other things have been done as well. If you'd told me the figures i would have thought its a fast as f*ck. By the videos i can see that!

But i wont be selling the scooby for a saxo whether it supercharged, turbocharged or both! :P