130ps spec

mattyd

The 130 uses the 2L head, which has larger ports.

How much larger, and how significant, I don't know.

The 130 engine uses the earlier metal "EFI" manifold. The later 115 1.8 uses the plastic inlet manifold. Grab a 2L throttle body off a mondeo, otherwise you'll have to replace the inlet manifold to the earlier type.

2.0 head is NOT the same as the 1.8 130 PS one!!!

heads are the same for the 1.8 engines!!!, the cams are different!!!

to make it running at 130, u need the throttle body, cams - these are the same as 2.0 items, ECU (might need the lockset to get this working as well)

EDIT: u also need the 130PS MAF

EDIT: eads may b the same for all engines but for the 105ps, im not sure on the valve sizes etc,i shall check but im 90% sure the heads are the same!!!

Edited by marcus

So you're saying 25bhp increase from cams (which aren't proper performance cams imo, Fords would never make it like that), an different ECU map, and a slightly larger MAF and TB??

I don't beleive the TB is the restrictive part of the engine, thinking about air flow through this and the valves.

i.e. 2l MAF, tb, head, cams, ECU?

NO, theres no need for the head!!! :thumb: get the tb, MAF, cams and ECU

and ralph, thats exactly what im saying :thumb:

115PS as standard, people add a air filter an gain upto 7bhp on the 1.8's dont they!!!

cams, t.body, MAF an ECU will get 130PS

Edited by marcus

So you're saying 25bhp increase from cams (which aren't proper performance cams imo, Fords would never make it like that), an different ECU map, and a slightly larger MAF and TB??

I don't beleive the TB is the restrictive part of the engine, thinking about air flow through this and the valves.

just re-read this, the question is 115-130PS!!!

wheres the 25hp increase???

The 105 and 130 spec 1.8's, that's what I'm talking about.

The cams are barely worth taking note of imo...... you can only expect to gain 5bhp from a set of Piper or Kent's, which will be a lot lairer than standard........ the 130spec ones won't begin to compare to these.

Remember toonarmy??

He had a 105bhp 1.8, then chucked on a 130 TB, cams, MAF and chipped 130 ECU. It scored 118bhp........ that's a long way below 130, especially when it had the usual breathing mods 90% of cars on here have got. I reckon there's another factor (ie, the head).

115PS as standard, people add a air filter an gain upto 7bhp on the 1.8's dont they!!!

***I need the crying "smilie" off PF***

£100 on those zetec engines producing more than 115bhp as standard.

toonarmy needs to get another 13bhp from cams and ECU, - that will b done with no problem :thumb:

we aint gonna agree, the argument is gonna go on an on unless one of us proves it, i certainly aint, my engine is nearly done now.......

PMSL, brings back memories of this argument....... here!!!

you never did carry on that one??? :P :baby: 8)