130ps spec

mattyd

fair enough, i mis-read it!!!

sayin that, remember what ross' 3i got at thr RR??? wasnt it 115-120 an thats a 130PS model???

could have been a old an tired engine, fault with something on his car, i dunno

i know people who have done as stated by me above and got near 130 brake i.e. 128-135hp

i know for a fact that i was right in the argument to the link, ive had numberour comversations with numerous people/engineerers an the limit is 1mm (ish) for a 1.6 zetec.......is what your saying FACT or your opinion/your thoughts??? (IMO its your opinion), im stating facts

u will also see how u cannot use the 2.0 injectors with a 1.6 or 1.8 engine using a 1.6 or 1,8 ECU, just the matter of time till you find this out even though you dont believe me after i have tried!!!

honest question, would you admit you were wrong if i proved you wrong???

u said above

PMSL @ "the limit on a rebore is 1mm"

why r u laughing??? i know this to be true. just cos i aint using engineering terms doesnt mean i dont know what im on about.......

Edited by marcus

tell u wot, my breakers said he would do me a 2.0l head, cams, manifolds, tb all for £40. to take the head off is not much more work that taking out the cams (i know i have done this on these engines). for £40 plus the usuall electrics (ecu, MAF etc.) im gonna give it ago doing the head. in september, i will be working in a garage in september as part of my apprenticeship. so if i can source a decent head, i will do the job. not saying this will dewfinately work, but its £40 quid. imo, its definately worth ago.

the plopmobile will also get a nu head. if it dont work, i'll sell the parts for more than than anyways. so ha ha fcukin ha!

sayin that, remember what ross' 3i got at thr RR??? wasnt it 115-120 an thats a 130PS model???

108 I think. I think Chappers and I were discussing the usual engines and tuning stuff on msn a few nights ago, and Ross' result was discussed!! If it wasn't 108, then blame Chapman for gettin' it wrong! :D

i know people who have done as stated by me above and got near 130 brake i.e. 128-135hp

How, more to the point, where was that measured??

Danzetec got 154.5bhp out of a 2L with filter, chip, and exhaust!!! Fcuking lunacy!!!

The only rolling road I'd beleive results from is NMS, or it has to be an engine dyno.

FEOC-UK recently used NMS didn't they?? Notice how a supposed 187bhp RS2000 got 161......... far more realistic for the mods. Why people trick themselves into beleiving they get double figure bhp gains for virtually every mod I don't know! X(

Anyway, that's off topic :D

i know for a fact that i was right in the argument to the link, ive had numberour comversations with numerous people/engineerers an the limit is 1mm (ish) for a 1.6 zetec.......is what your saying FACT or your opinion/your thoughts??? (IMO its your opinion), im stating facts

The crank is the same for all zetecs. Which means the centres of the pistons will be the same distance apart, no matter what size they are.

That lead me to beleive that the blocks must be the same casting, just machined differently. So yes, it was my thoughts.

Why is the limit 1mm then?? What breaks through?? The only thing I can think of is oil passage ways being closer?? Otherwise they'll be quite a bit of metal between the chambers and the oil passage ways, if the oil ways are in the same place as the 2L engine.

Maybe I'm wrong, but if you know the answers, then I'm sitting at my desk with pen in hand! :D

Will there be a test?? PMSL

u will also see how u cannot use the 2.0 injectors with a 1.6 or 1.8 engine using a 1.6 or 1,8 ECU, just the matter of time till you find this out even though you dont believe me after i have tried!!!

I beleive ya. :thumb:

Engine work / transplants seem far from simple, with these electrical things! So much so I may well buy the engine loom out of the mondeo my engine is coming out of.

What exactly did u try with the injectors? Were they new?

Then again, if the fueling is fine with my 130 ECU, I shall not bother.

honest question, would you admit you were wrong if i proved you wrong???

And finally...... NO! I am always right! :D :roll:

Of course I'd admit I'm wrong, it's part of learning!! It's just that I have strong opinions and don't immediately take something as gospel, unless they can prove it :) :cheers:

How, more to the point, where was that measured??

Danzetec got 154.5bhp out of a 2L with filter, chip, and exhaust!!! Fcuking lunacy!!!

The only rolling road I'd beleive results from is NMS, or it has to be an engine dyno.

I was amazed myself but unless everyone uses the same rollers you won't get an exact comparison. All depends on the calibration of the machine I guess, I'd of hoped it was checked and re-calibrated routinely. ?(

I went to Engine Advantages- Essex, if I go back I'll ask. Till then I got a graph and a figure so I'm happy :cheers:

I was amazed myself but unless everyone uses the same rollers you won't get an exact comparison. All depends on the calibration of the machine I guess, I'd of hoped it was checked and re-calibrated routinely. ?(

I went to Engine Advantages- Essex, if I go back I'll ask. Till then I got a graph and a figure so I'm happy  :cheers:

:cheers: :cheers:

Spot on about using the same rollers. It all comes back to what we learnt in school, about fair tests and all that :roll: :D

I'm sorry if my statement was a tad "direct" mate........ but there's so many rolling roads which are calibrated to give an excessive reading.

One question I have got for you! I beleive your 1.6 used the later plastic inlet manifold, being a 1998. Did you use that in your 2.0L?? :cheers:

One question I have got for you! I beleive your 1.6 used the later plastic inlet manifold, being a 1998. Did you use that in your 2.0L?? :cheers:

Yeah it did but I used the plastic manifold already on the engine but it vibrates on the brake crossbar- I've gotta see if I can pull the engine forward on the mounts to cure it!

One thing I just remembered was that when it was chipped he ran an initial test which came up 129.4 bhp- about what a black top is booked at. Then programed the timing and got 142 bhp but I needed a new MAS before he could program the fuel- thats when he got the 154.5 bhp. So it does kinda figure!?