Ordered Gauges...

geordie_aaron

As said earlier geordie, I got a vaccum gauge, and I purely have it for the fact that it moves when ya changing gear. :D

I know it sounds sad, but me mates at work love it and I do when I'm driving. :baby:

My other gauge is infact a voltage gauge, I had that put in to see what voltage I've got when the engine is turned off and I'm either playing a DVD for ages or listening to music for ages- say at a cruise.

But it's all good fun and gives it a more racier feel- I think. :P

I did read somewhere that the vacuum gauge can also show when your valves are beginning to wear- something like that- again a load of bolloc*s. :tired:

yes but thats meant to, the voltage one would dim and look crap and bounce down with the bass haha

where as the vacuum goes with the engine

Why don't you get a 'cool' dump valve speaker to go with it? den u wil b wkd innit :D

I would if I knew mate, the bloke who put the gauge in for me showed me how to install it cause I was interested and I can't remember what he did and where he put it. :baby:

All I know is it goes near the carb, that's all I can remember sos I don't knwo more. ;(

This is the best I could do, all I know is that he cut this tube I have circled and installed the device between the tubing, ytou can just see the device (or thing that reads the vaccum-not technically minded)- this then measures the vaccum. ;)

vac2.jpg

Your vaccuum guage needs a tube running from it to one of the vaccuum lines running off your inlet manifold, ideally the one that goes from the fuel pressure regulator to the manifold, cut and insert a 'T' piece. Now the oil temperature guage will be a right pain in the ass, you have 2 options:-

1, you fit an oil cooler and some where along the pipe that runs to the cooler you cut it and insert a temerature sensor in an adapter.

2. you cancel the order and get a pressure guage instead.

1, you fit an oil cooler and some where along the pipe that runs to the cooler you cut it and insert a temerature sensor in an adapter.

Bad idea imo..... if you were to stick a proper oil cooler in, I reckon you'd end up cooling the oil excessively!! :O