heated washers

mattyd

how do you fit heated washer jets if u don have a heated front screen, i dont think ill have the wiring, but if there is dose anybody know were it'll be, :)

on mk6's atleast, the heated washer looms connect to a bigger heated windscreen loom, that connects to a big multi pin adaptor that has about 9 pins, and is located at the top edge of the engine bay just under the windscreen its self (i think, from memory)

and it all connects from there, im trying to find a heated screen loom, but thier about £50,

there will be a way to connect just the washers, but im not sure how,

but hope the wiring info's some use,

good luck with it mate :cheers:

(mattyd @ Jun 1 2005, 07:47 PM)

how do you fit heated washer jets if u don have a heated front screen, i dont think ill have the wiring, but if there is dose anybody know were it'll be,

where'd you get the heated washer jets from, cos i want some. Will go nicely with my heated front screen.

i got em of ebay theres been a few sets on i payed £2.50 for em + £1.50 postage :)

thanks mate ive jus bought an amparo blue 3dr 1.8 Gti exactly the same sa your 60000 miles £2000, the interior is mint, jus need to getta couple of little scratches of.

very very good choice my friend :))

i did the very same thing with the heated washer's, bought some from ebay then found nothing to plug them into,

theres possibly a way of wiring them into the rear window heater system,

easiest way would be to run into an ignition feed, but then it'd be on all the time,

what else have you got planned for your escy then?

i did the very same thing with the heated washer's, bought some from ebay then found nothing to plug them into,

easiest way would be to run into an ignition feed, but then it'd be on all the time,

im not sure yet mate i want a stainlesss exhaust system, good indution kit not sure which to get, i want a 2.0l throttle boddie, air flow meter, im gonna jus build on that

im not sure yet mate i want a stainlesss exhaust system, good indution kit not sure which to get, i want a 2.0l throttle boddie, air flow meter, im gonna jus build on that

all sounds good mate,

tho you wont gain alot you know?

probs 2-4 bhp,

it might be worth running some engine cleaner through the system, and then using bp ultimate or something similar, that made a big difference to mine.

i only want them as mine always seem to freeze in winter and i;m to lazy to poor anything over them to defrost em

plus i thikn i've got the plug for them, as i have a spare 8 pin plug floating around in bulk head of my car!

yeah but if the water leading to the jets are frozen, then it wont make much difference.. lol

:P

i only want them as mine always seem to freeze in winter and i;m to lazy to poor anything over them to defrost em

plus i thikn i've got the plug for them, as i have a spare 8 pin plug floating around in bulk head of my car!

yeah but if the water leading to the jets are frozen, then it wont make much difference.. lol

:P

Good point, I should really start thinking things through!