Fueling

RobMk6

on this RST Engined...... mk5 i bought,

when you drive normally its fine, but if the engine is under load it will pop like hell, now i knew about this before i bought the car as it does drive fine under normal driving but the idea of havin RST power is USING IT.

after talking with Ian a fair bit, he said it is using an RS2K fuel pump, but the car only splutters when is on boost, now to me that would not seem like a fueling problem at all and more of an ignition problem (boost blowing the spark out)

has anybody had any problems like this?

if so what does the car feel like to drive as far as the ignition being at fault?

and what does it feel like to drive if its underfueling? - which i believe can cause detonation

if its spluttering on boost, the gap could be too big on the plugs and u wont knows its under fuelling until it goes pop. take it to either jamsport in northampton or APT's in norwich for a good set up. will feel like a totally different car afterwards

:thumb:

Edited by Rob84

if its spluttering on boost, the gap could be too big on the plugs and u wont knows its under fuelling until it goes pop.  take it to either jamsport in northampton or APT's in nowrich for a good set up.  will feel like a totally different car afterwards

:thumb:

APT yes.......

Interpro is near (er) you in Bristol mate :cheers:

okay Rob, define what you would mean spluttering on boost, as you dont even have to be booting it, but when it comes on boost it bangs like hell from the exhaust,

well, when it boosts, it back/mis fires and doesnt seem to pick up at all :thumb:

and a good set up is usually in the region of £80 - £100 :thumb:

okay Rob, define what you would mean spluttering on boost, as you dont even have to be booting it, but when it comes on boost it bangs like hell from the exhaust,

well, when it boosts, it back/mis fires and doesnt seem to pick up at all :thumb:

and a good set up is usually in the region of £80 - £100 :thumb:

that would be it then :(

any ideas if it could be the pump to blame?

• 2 weeks later...