Gearbox/Clutch/Linkage

geordie_aaron

Which isit?  

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Right, i'v had my organic (fast road) clutch for AROUND the 1 and a half year mark now...

When i start the car up when its cold (morning only) the car trys to creep forward even with it out of gear and clutch down (always start the car with foot on clutch to lessen the strain on starter, old tale my dad told me when i was little lol)

ANYWAY, the 'judder' isnt enough to actually move the car without handbrake on but you can tell its trying, i've tried the 'need a new clutch test'....putting in 5th and letin go of the clutch with no revs ETC and see how quick it dies....INSTANTLY it dies

so that leads me to linkage or gearbox perhaps??

from what i've said what do people think?

Gearbox

Clutch

Linkage?

PS its hard to get in gear sumtimes (intermittent)

Yeah, heard loasda stories about the 1 i'm going to, more good then bad (only 1 bad) lol mate with his well done up corsa goes there all the time and theres never anything wrong iwth his.......knowing my luck though they'll feck it right up and go into liquidation lol

UPDATE:

Quite worried now, i can FORCE 1st,3rd & 5th in, and if i turn the engine off THEN put in reverse and turn engine back on i can reverse! lol

going to have to take half a day off tomorrow and get this sorted, got a feeling i'll be using a credit card :vangry: ;( ;(