Injectors!

Rennie

How did I know that was coming :P :roll:

Unfortunately, I didn't plan to blow the engine up, hence I didn't plan to do the 2L conversion. Therefore I hard to get the car sorted asap otherwise I'd miss half the show season, which I refuse to do.

Also, it will all be ripped up and someparts sold this winter, and a new inlet manifold, loom and management will be installed, along with a complete rebuild and machining. So basically, I decided to go the easy unichip route rather than muck about with a mondeo loom and miss half the summer, and shows, and probably the RR shootout too. Even the Asda Day would have been touch and go! X(

so why not just use the 1.6 ECU like u are doing now an like what ive done since january/february rather than waste £525 ?(

u do know that when u sell the unichip on u will get pennies for it i.e. 150 or LESS as whoever buys it WILL need a remap an mabye it fitting, even if it is another 2.0 an lets not have another argument about it need ing a re-map, u do i tried it :P !!!

so why not just use the 1.6 ECU like u are doing now an like what ive done since january/february rather than waste £525 ?(

Cos I wanna redline the fcuk outta it, like I did with the 1.6 :roll: :roll: :roll:

The price I've got is £411.25 inc. VAT :)

It'll be worth that to use it fully for the rest of the year, in particular for the Asda day :cheers:

Resale value is a bonus, whatever I get for it :)

Cos I wanna redline the fcuk outta it, like I did with the 1.6 :roll: :roll: :roll:

The price I've got is £411.25 inc. VAT :)

It'll be worth that to use it fully for the rest of the year, in particular for the Asda day :cheers:

Resale value is a bonus, whatever I get for it :)

thats Fcuking class, where was that from??? places oop here charge 480-525 but it would cost the same as the petrol gettin there an back BUT if i can get it for 410 then ill get one ASAP. details please u shandy drinking southerner :P

Edited by marcus

Engine Advantages Ltd,

14 Crittle Road,

Witham,

Essex CM8 3DR

01376 502522

E-mail: paul-hills@lineone.net

£350+VAT = £411.25 inc. VAT

This is the info that Danzetec gave me, think he had his done a couple of months ago, so prices shouldn't have gone up much, if at all. :cheers:

Get yaself chipped, it will be interesting to see what power it gives with the cams.

I've got a Trust 4-2-1 going on mine, would be interesting to see which gives the most gain, although my engine has done around 100k more miles than yours, so I'm betting on it giving 130bhp as standard so not to build it up, then look like a right T*at @ NMS later this year, when it could "only" score 140 :roll: :roll: :roll:

Rennie, would you be interested in this unichip too?? How about the 3 of us try and book in and get a discount???? :jaw: :cheers: :D

We need an EVO pod day later this year with heavy 2.0L attendance :D

We've 4 cars with pretty standard 2L's, should make for some good racing. Stoo's could make it 5 :cheers:

EDIT: Then we can go for a shandy PMSL :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Edited by Ex-Finesse

ralph, serious question now :O

when would u consider gettin your chip???

im ready now if the price is 411, ill ring up 2morro an ask how much if we both get the chip an get a upto date price as well :)

where is this place in realtion to say the dartford tunnel???

EDIT: just looked on autoroute an its miles away from kent :( an manchester

hmm ill ring up 2morro an see what they say for prices :)

EDIT 2: when looking on autoroute, i saw the places thong an sandwich. they crack me up everytime i see the signs near kirst's :roll: :roll: :roll:

Edited by marcus

Thong and sandwich are both mint little villages! :D :cheers: :roll:

It's about 50miles from the Dartford Tunnel, I'm guessing you come down the M1 and join the M25 when you travel down to Kent?

It's a 25mile detour from the M25 (along a dual carriageway) , although this could possibly be reduced if you turned off the M1 early and went cross-country LOL

I have the money available, I just need my 4-2-1 fitted. Shouldn't be too difficult. The old one is off!

Need to fit my 2.0 MAF and make sure it works. I am paranoid my lambda sensor is a little dodgy, as the wires have been pulled and stretched. It also drinks fuel like anything, does about 260miles to a tank all motorway and fairly careful driving.

So they need the lambda sensor to be working 100% to map the car?? Surely they use their own, sticking a probe up the exhaust like the MOT!??!

Let us know what prices they quote :cheers:

On a slightly different note, how does your clutch feel?? (question applies to all 1.6 -> 2.0L'ers :D )

Mine's got a brand new one and it doesn't handle the power too well. It doesn't slip, but it doesn't bite instantly when changing gear hard, it revs a bit high which slowly falls, but only for about 2 seconds.

Does yours feel similiar or does it feel just like the 1.6??

Is there a break in period for clutches?? Just wondering (hoping) it'll bite a bit better once the top material has gone, otherwise I could be on the blower to AP, £££ ;(

Edited by Ex-Finesse

clutch is the same as 1.6, cos it is a 1.6 clutch. not slipped once an feels much better than the old one BUT it will do anyway cos the old one had no pad left, it was basically down to the bare metal an that reved a bit when u chaged gear. i dunno if mine needed breaking in cos i did the 1k miles b4 i booted it remember :)

Definately up for a blast down at Santa Pod mate!!

Just used a standard clutch in mine-when I asked the guys at the tuning shop they reckoned an uprated one wouldn't be much better than a new Sachs one (not re-con). And for the extra it wasn't worth it unless going for a paddle clutch but to be honest I'd prefer the clutch to slip instead of smashing the gearbox :D