door lights

steve_sport_scort

still havent fitted these yet, been sat in a box for a year now,

so hows everyone done it,

you cant have them on perminantly, as you can see the red light shining behind the door when its closed,

and thier supposed to connect to pin 13 in the door loom, buts there no pin13 on the post95 cars,

any ideas, or does anyone know if i could just use a pre 95 loom that has the pin 13 :D

just run a wire in parrallel from interior light and into the lights. that way the door light will be on as interior light is. can you just run a wire down the side of the connector?

not really mate,

the only real way to do it safely is to use the wires that are inside the door loom,

but i can't see how it can be done using those,

people say it can be done, put its always on or off, :(

I know a way of doing it.

You need to use a relay on each front door, I will upload a wiring diagram once it is finished.

It works like this for both sides:

Connect the + 12v wire of the door light to a constant +12v source in the door, then run the earth wire of the door light through pin 13 and into the car.

This earth wire then connects to a relay, the part of the relay that controls the switching, then you take the interior light wire off the door switch and connect the earth wire coming from the relay. When the door is opened, the circuit completes, lighting the door light and making the relay switch over.

The interior light wire now connects to one of the contacts of the relay, then from the other contact of the relay to an earth point. When the door is now opened, the door light comes on, the relay flicks over, and the interior light thinks it is connected to the door switch still and turns the interior light on. :thumb:

You could also add a switch into the door light circuit too, so that if you was going to have the doors open for a long period of time, you could turn the door lights off.

HI,

FITTED MINE RECENTLY AND IT'S EASY TO DO.EXTEND THE WIRES ON THE DOOR LIGHT AND THEN CONNECT ONE WIRE FROM THE LIGHT TO THE CONSTANT 12V FEED ON THE ELECTRIC DOOR MIRROR LOOM.THE OTHER WIRE FROM THE LIGHT CONNECTS TO THE DOOR LIGHT SWITCH.I USED SMALL ENOUGH WIRE AND RAN THIS WIRE THROUGH THE HOLE WHERE PIN 13 SHOULD BE .ALL WORKS FINE AND HAD NO PROBLEMS.

PAUL

HI,

FITTED MINE RECENTLY AND IT'S EASY TO DO.EXTEND THE WIRES ON THE DOOR LIGHT AND THEN CONNECT ONE WIRE FROM THE LIGHT TO THE CONSTANT 12V FEED ON THE ELECTRIC DOOR MIRROR LOOM.THE OTHER WIRE FROM THE LIGHT CONNECTS TO THE DOOR LIGHT SWITCH.I USED SMALL ENOUGH WIRE AND RAN THIS WIRE THROUGH THE HOLE WHERE PIN 13 SHOULD BE .ALL WORKS FINE AND HAD NO PROBLEMS.

PAUL

okies my bad :P

will have a look,

they'll stay on for 20 seconds after opening cos of my 20 sec relay wont they,

and wont both sides come on when one door opens??