Killed my Compomotives

Timmy C

Was following a mate and he started to drive extreemly slow (25 in a 60) so i got annoyed and over took him as it was a clear straight road. He thought it would be funny to block my way but i over took so fast that i was next to him when he pulled over into the middle of the road. To avoid a colission i was forced to drive my car onto the grass verge!! which had a drainage system hidden in the grass. Needless to say it demolished my wheels. There all at a refurbishers at the moment, one is buckled so bad he may not be able to repair it. If he can the bill will be in excess of £180

Not too pleased with my mate but i havent fallen out with him ive taken it as a lesson not to drive anywhere with him. I already knew he was a bit of a Maveric on the road. The cars been to a garage and apart from the wheels its fine. Im now running 2 fiesta 13" steel wheels on the front and 2 space saver 50 mph max wheels at the back. Unfortiontly i couldnt justify running at santa pod with such a setup :rolleyes:

I am trying to sort out some 17" Compomotive MOs in sliver with a nice wide offset. Ive been meaning to do it for a while but this can be seen as a kick up the arse!!

Photo-0145.jpg

I took all the wheels straight to the refurbishers so unfortionatly no photos of the devistation. But they were pretty bad. The guy has only taken on trying to repair them as he really likes the wheels and he knows there rare and expensive.

I may take it off the road for a bit and get it to a body shop for some work, any suggestions on a place near nottingham??

Never overtake a mate kids!

He cant (He gambles and drinks it all) i had trouble enough getting money he owed me out of him to put towards getting it sorted. I wouldnt ask for money for it as i know i wouldnt ever get it.

Just going to take it as lesson learnt and avoid him at all costs on the road.

them seats looks abit rubbish as well.

and i no someone near mansfield/kirkby for the bodyshop did user Pauls car

and that was class

Yeah that sounds spot on (edited), could you PM me his details. Would he be upto some custom bonnet work?

Edited by Timmy C

I will know on wednesday. Either way I have a contact i can ring on thursday for a nearly brand new set of 17" compomotives with 205/50/17 tyres on them that have covered 500miles for £450. So i think either way I am going to buy them and probably sell the 15" white ones. If he can fix them they wil look good as new, hes very good. Used him before for quite a bit of work.

17s sound an absolute bargain! :jaw:

Got a better bargin on the 15"s!!

15" MOs with dunlop formula R tyres - £100 (the wheels were scratched curbed etc from fast tarmac rallying)

Sold tyres for £180

Sold old wheels for £85

Refurbished the MOs for £200

Final cost: £35 :P

There buggered now though and will cost me another £180 still not too bad though.

them seats looks abit rubbish as well.

and i no someone near mansfield/kirkby for the bodyshop did user Pauls car

and that was class

Yeah that sounds spot on (edited), could you PM me his details. Would he be upto some custom bonnet work?

i'll get you the number buddy, my brother works there and you can go and see for your self

Matt

I bet you're mortified, I know I would be. 8o Shame you can't get any compo out of him. He should cough up really, but if he spanks it all away there's no chance! Mates can be the worst sometimes.