Infinity 6x9's in Custom Stealth Shelf

RickH

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone off here :(

Nah was a young lad from near me, hadnt long passed his test

I could do with these, as i have infinity front speakers. I will have to take a look and see what the wattage of my kenwood 6x9s are that i have already, if these are better i may take them, have to check bank aswell.

Lemme know how this goes Jackster, i gotta rebuild my gearbox so im looking for some extra cash :P

I could do with these, as i have infinity front speakers. I will have to take a look and see what the wattage of my kenwood 6x9s are that i have already, if these are better i may take them, have to check bank aswell.

don't have 6x9's in your parcel shelf if u ever plan on getting a sub fitted. Made that mistake myself X(

don't have 6x9's in your parcel shelf if u ever plan on getting a sub fitted. Made that mistake myself X(

Why?

Mine is like that and I have no probs.

Why?

Mine is like that and I have no probs.

get rid of the 6x9's for some components in the side and check the difference ;)

People tried to tell me, I wouldnt listen. I will in future, the difference is immense :cheers:

plus in a smaller boot (MK4) it was even worse and just kept causing things to blow. The 6x9's on their own even sounded better than the 6x9's and the subs togther cos they're just "fighting" each other all the time

lol

kk

Mikes right, its best not to have 6x9's in your shelf if you do have some subs because they are either rendered useless or made to sound worse by the displacement of the air caused by the sub. Extreme cases the cone can also rupture and "blow" the speaker.

However if your not after a big install, and the feeling of having a great big mdf box in your boot doesnt appeal 6x9's are a good option combined with components up front.

Rick was one of the ones who advised me not to have the 2. I didn't listen, but wish I did now, wudda saved me loadsa ballache.

6x9s are USELESS in an install, but are sound if u just want summat a bit bassier and louder than factory with subbing and amping stuff

and I knew your 6x9s were JBL, same as mine, just an older model, but didn't say anything cos I thought maybe u had some more :baby:

• 2 weeks later...