Local ARV Write Off

marsbar1973

Although not a personal shunt, I thought you guys might like to see it.

One of my bruv's colleagues had a slight accident on Friday 14 Oct. He was t-boned by a motorist not paying attention to what was coming! All the side was taken out. No-one was seriously hurt, just cuts and bruises. My bruv wasn't on shift at the time, he was rota'd on next. He took this pic of the ARV on his mobile, so please excuse the quality!

smashed01.jpg

They where proberly tear arsing through a red light like i have seen them do :nutter: :nutter:

of course they go through red lights, they're an EMERGENCY service!!!!! not a get here when you can service!!!! :D :D

did anyone else know they have to radio in to report EVERY time they go through a speed camera!!!

They where proberly tear arsing through a red light like i have seen them do :nutter: :nutter:

dave....thats probably the most retarded thing uve ever sed :roll: :roll: :roll:

thats wot their blue lights and sirens are for....EMERGENCY service :P not to sit and wait for red lights lol they dont just "tear srse through" they are trained to go thru at high speed, its not like one of us running a red light :rolleyes: :roll:

i will agree they are supposed to go through red lights, but at the same time they are bound by the same laws as us, as in if it is unsafe to do so then they must not go through it. even if they have to come to a near enough stop then thats what they are supposed to do. At the end of the day, they have a job to do and i think it can be a very hard one, but at the same time, they have to make sure every action they take that goes over the usual laws have to be done carefully.

Plus round my way i have seen coppers go through lights with sirens and blues going then 100 yeards after wards they get turned off and continue driving.

;)

Plus round my way i have seen coppers go through lights with sirens and blues going then 100 yeards after wards they get turned off and continue driving.

;)

that may be that they've not been sent 'grade1' to an incident but they still have to get there fairly/very quick but not to need lights and sirens the whole way, plus of course if its a burglary and they're near the area you don't wanna announce your arrival :thumb: