Improving brakes

cj666

For supplying big brake kits for the Mk6.

I currently have a Gti with Standard brakes, but as I have 17"Momo Quasars the brakes are lost behind the alloy showing ALOT of space.

I have had some stupid quotes from AP racing and Elite for uprating the brakes to 300mm or 330mm, of £1,500 each for the front or back, but does anyone know of any companies that do kits that are more reasonably priced.

Thanks for your help. :cheers:

Thanks Pete,

I can see what you mean about their website, bit on the slow (I mean crap) side. But they have now quoted me £345 plus VAT for a 300mm kit for the Mk6, which is a hell of alot cheaper than I have been quoted so far,

so thanks for the tip. :cheers:

• 2 months later...

Finally managed to get to Wales, and got the front rakes done at the moment, will put some pictures on as soon as I have downloaded them.

Still bedding them in at the moment, but all I can say is when compared with the originals they are Awesome. :D :D :D

Cheers Flat_Steve, I owe you a beer. :cheers:

Not Quite, as even though I have 17's the amount of clearance needed for the calipers was not enough so had to settle for 308mm using cosworth calipers, finished in custom blue.

But hey they fill up the gap nicely, and will stop me a damn sight faster than my old standard discs,

As it was not the 325 kit was about £100 cheaper too. :D