Failing to wear Seat belt Part 8

foxdie

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aye but people who dont wear them will ALWAYS come up with an argument as to why them not wearing one is safe, end of the day u leave them to it and wen they DO have an accident and end up going thru the windscreen is wen u have the last laugh, before feeling remorseful obviously :roll:

You people ARE SO NAIVE. You've all been brain washed into thinking wearing a seatbelt stops accidents. Im trying to tell you, you all do MUCH worse things than i do. I dont drink, i drive a slow car, i dont have a hazzadious job, i dont go up town my social life involve a computer. But i choose not to wear my seat belt. Belive me Scot, im safer in my Micra without a seatbelt, than you are in your gt4 with one. Its fact, yet the police arn't stopping you becuase you doing something potentially and equally dangerous to yourself by drving some crazed machine.

People CHOOSE to Drink/smoke

People CHOOSE to join the army/builder/scaffolder/electrician/fisherman (dangerous jobs)

People CHOOSE to jump from airplanes/climb mountains/go mountain biking/drive fast

People CHOOSE to have cosmetic surgery etc etc etc

But i cant CHOOSE to not wear my seat belt. Yet all the of the above are billion times more dangerous than my not wearing a seatbelt.

Dan, this is exactly what this is about. How ridiculus this is to someone like myself that think out side the bubble. HOw they cant stop us doing stuff dangerous all the time like the list above, but when im poodling to work in my 900cc micra they feel they most inforce a law.

For athe record, when i had the mr2, and RS estate etc, if i was going out for a blast, i would infact wear my seat belt, as i intended to drive fast and push my ability and therefore the risk would be DRAMATICALLY higher, but if i was only driving to work in the morning whats the point? 30mph roads every anyway? but thats not what this is about, this is about you CHOOSING to get yourself drunk and runover/slaine/mugged. But i cant CHOOSE to wear a seat belt in car that is not physically cappable of having a fatal car crash.

Kirsty, didn't crash persuay, just span out a couple of times; bouncing off a couple kerbs. (day in the life of a mr2 driver)

Edited by foxdie

I understand you feel strongly on this issue, Paul. But it puzzles me a great deal when I see people not wearing a seat belt. As Tom says, the statistics are clear that they do save lives.

What exactly is it that makes you consciously choose not to take a simple precaution that could save your life if some moron causes a collision that could eject you through your windscreen?

Is it discomfort, or is it some sort of bravado/rebellion thing?

Those from my generation recall a time when they weren't mandatory, but the legislation has probably been around for longer than you have been alive. You will have worn one when you learned to drive, and when you passed your test. So it's not as if you have had to change your habits to comply with a new law.

So talk me through getting in your car, and what goes thru your mind at the moment you decide not to wear it? What is the real causal factor in your choice?

I'm not questioning your right to make that choice, merely the thought process leading to it :thumb:

I understand you feel strongly on this issue, Paul. But it puzzles me a great deal when I see people not wearing a seat belt. As Tom says, the statistics are clear that they do save lives.

What exactly is it that makes you consciously choose not to take a simple precaution that could save your life if some moron causes a collision that could eject you through your windscreen?

Is it discomfort, or is it some sort of bravado/rebellion thing?

Those from my generation recall a time when they weren't mandatory, but the legislation has probably been around for longer than you have been alive. You will have worn one when you learned to drive, and when you passed your test. So it's not as if you have had to change your habits to comply with a new law.

So talk me through getting in your car, and what goes thru your mind at the moment you decide not to wear it? What is the real causal factor in your choice?

I'm not questioning your right to make that choice, merely the thought process leading to it :thumb:

Its not bravado, its pure lazyness. Backed by confusemnet. True i could just spend 3 seconds of my life doing up my seat belt. But thats not the point im arguing. Im arguing the fact that i hate peoples attitutdae on here that me not wearing my seatbelt is causing accidents or something, i choose not wear one. We ALL choose to do things that may increase risk to ourselves (like the list above). If not wearing a seat belt is a finable offence, trying to committ suidicide should be an imprisionable crime.

difference being paul, if my car crashed head on at 60 and ur car crashed at 60, i have a better chance of walking away alive than you do, regardless of wot power car people have, its OTHER people that u can never factor in, u can only be more observant etc.

until uve seen people who have gone thru their windscreen or a car full of ur friends smashed to pieces but they all walk away because of their seat belts, whilst the tit in a nova who smahed head on into them was all over his bonnet and WASNT wearing a seat belt, then u can lecture anybody on here all u want about ur choice and that not wearing one isnt very dangerous but it doesnt change the fact that seat belts save lives, no matter wot car u drive.

Edited by Scotteh

until uve seen people who have gone thru their windscreen or a car full of ur friends smashed to pieces but they all walk away because of their seat belts, whilst the tit in a nova who smahed head on into them was all over his bonnet and WASNT wearing a seat belt, then u can lecture anybody on here all u want about ur choice and that not wearing one isnt very dangerous but it doesnt change the fact that seat belts save lives, no matter wot car u drive.

I could say the same thing, My mums works in AE as a nurse. She's refuses to drink now becuase of what she seen in the last 3months in the department. The amount of people Bleeding from the stomach, liver and kidney failure (causing bleeding from the all your offricies), people walking into hospital with broken necks, people with entire lower jaws missing, and fractured legs the bone removed the knee cap and drunken loon is still trying to stand up and unable to feel the pain. almost 100 people every night with various degrees of injuries, and this is in one town. Times that but the 10,000 hosptials in the UK then tell me wearing a seat belt is a death trap.

But will that stop you getting drunk? NOPE! do you think drinking over 2units of alcohol should be a fineable offence? NOPE!

agen alcohol has nothing to do with putting on ur seat belt? ?( the only relation is that if some drunk tw*t drives into u and ur not wearing urs, be a Fcuker if hes STILL put his on drunk and lived, whilst u end up dead, he will go to prison for manslaughter and be out in less than 10yrs, whilst ur pushing up daisies.

ive seen everything come and go in A+E, me mum used to run the department in leicester but is now the bed manager, i also work in the hospital and have to go to A+E quite often so i know the injuries people get. being drunk will always be an issue, but u can stop one issue by wearing ur seat belt......u can spin it as many ways as u want, u will never get past the fact that wearing it saves lives, whether u urself choose to wear it or not is NOT the argument, the argument is in general and i certainly dont think u not wearing it causes accidents, but i do think u not wearing one cud one day very well get u killed and even tho i wud have the last laff, i certainly wudnt be laffing

Edited by Scotteh

I don't think that anyone's saying wearing a belt would prevent an accident. Well, if they are, they're kidding themselves!

Trying to look at this logically, If u knew the next journey was going to result in a crash that would throw you thru the screen, Would you wear the belt? (I know u wouldn't make the journey, but humour me!).

As to suicide, it used to be a hanging offence lol

Guest gti.tom

Well,

I'm not gonna get too involved in this as it is so so ridiculous. I'll just say this and be quiet.

More people die every week from not wearing their seatbelts in accidents than from drinking etc.

Not that this is the argument anyway. And no one is saying that not wearing your seatbelt causes accidents, it can just make them more severe.

You appear woefully ignorant of other road users. You yourself are probably a very good driver but, and this is worryingly obvious everyday i pull put out of my drive, there are some dangerous drivers out there who will more than happily drive into you whether you're wearing your seatbelt or not.

The only overall difference is that if you're not wearing your seatbelt it's more likely that some poor bloke is gonna have to scrape your brains up off the pavement.

The fact you like you're girlfriend to wear one. Hypocritical, says it all really.

I think you're more pissed off that you legally dont have a choice to live more dangerously. Well the simple reason is that unlike, plastic surgery, smoking etc when not wearing your seatbelt you put others at risk, the passengers you kill as your body is flung around or through the car, and again the people who have to deal with bits of your anatomy all over the place. Your hit side on, nothing you could do and your skull makes full impact on Katie's skull. Brain damage etc etc, how would you feel?

Harrow is London's 2nd safest borough.

Watford High Street is far more dangerous (but not as much as not wearing your seatbelt). ;)

The people in accidents who failed to wear a seatbelt and have passed away dont usually go to A and E if they r presumed Dead at the sceane, mite be why your mum as a nurse may not come across the ones that die instantly.

U said as well about not wearing a seat belt as a passenger, would this even be if u were sitting in the back behind the driver or front passenger where, in an accident u would fly forwards and come of lightly by hitting ur head on a soft head rest, oh and may break ur nose, yet you would hit the back of the seat with such a great force causing the person in front of you to have a seveer, possibly fatal head injury because of the steering wheel or dash being in front of them?? ?( You must have seen the adverts

The only way you can get away with not wearing ur seatbelt leagally is to get pregnant.

Its common sense really: Wear Your Seatbelt