Failing to wear Seat belt Part 8

foxdie

Never wear my seatbelt 8 times out of 10 either, find it more comfortable without it, crashed the other day but didnt get hurt, been warned 3 times by various coppers next time im seen with it off i get a fine. id rather be flung out the windscreen than be strapped to the seat, have an airbag explode in my face and break my nose and burn me and be stuck in there.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

id rather be flung out the windscreen than be strapped to the seat, have an airbag explode in my face and break my nose and burn me and be stuck in there.

really, say there was a car coming the other way, as it's wheels crushed your body can can think to yourself, "at least my nose isn't slightly burnt" :thumb:

Never wear my seatbelt 8 times out of 10 either, find it more comfortable without it, crashed the other day but didnt get hurt, been warned 3 times by various coppers next time im seen with it off i get a fine. id rather be flung out the windscreen than be strapped to the seat, have an airbag explode in my face and break my nose and burn me and be stuck in there.

awww thats sweet :) tis funny cuz the worst rta's ive seen come into work are ppl who dont wear them. then theres the kid in a nova who went into our friends bmw head on, they all survived due to wearing seat belts and bmw's design, he ended up on his bonnet dead on impact. just cuz u have the odd bump without one, doesnt mean u dont need it, so dont be a tw*t :thumb:

i think its pretty obvious why you should wear your seat belt. But there is the odd scenerio where it would be better not to wear it, but theyre few and far between and, for the majority of occasions, wear a seatbelt so some poor sod doesnt have to clear you off the road.

but then again driving a 20 yr old micra your not giving yourself much of a chance anyway so i suppose it doesnt really matter :roll:

Guest gti.tom

2.0 si,

Ever had to pick up bodyparts of a young child, who's gone through the windscreen and been run over by a car passing?

I have.

You have no clue at all.

I'm ambiguous (sp) on ths one.

Part of me is a case of old habits die hard and seat belts were not compulsory when I was a kid and my dad never wore one either.

Part of me is kinda scared to wear it because having seen 2 accidents where the result was significantly WORSE through having worn the seatbelt in the first place, kinda sticks in the far reaches of your mind.