BLOODY SAXO DRIVERS!!!!!!!!

Chev

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cargy: I'm afraid I neglected to take any photographs to show you all, but I was so jolly annoyed with another fellow on the road today, that I felt an overwhelming urge to relate a tale that caused me a certain amount of annoyance.

I was travelling towards Aberdeen today, and found myself delayed in a rather frustrating manner by a number of Sunday drivers. It transpired to be convoy of no less than two vehicles behind a rather elderly gentleman travelling between 30 and 40MPH for some time. At last I espied my opportunity to overtake the whole convoy in one easy run, although I neglected to consider whether those ahead of me might also have been awaiting their chance to pass the pensionable person at the head of the line.

As I was passing the penultimate vehicle, a Citroén Saxo operated his trafficator and pulled out just as I was about to pass him at speed.

Gosh, it gave me quite a jolly old scare, I can tell you! I almost had to leave the road entirely and some of my car was on the verge so that a collision was mercifully averted.

At last, the sticky situation passed and, we both drew to a halt. Well I was jiggered by the reactions ofthe ginger haired blighter who disembarked from his automobile, and proceeded to berate and chastise me in a way that indicated he felt I was utterly to blame for the whole thing!

Gosh! What a blasted cheeky old so and so. The man is a cad and a bounder.

Pardon? :tired:

Penny :)

Chev, err, whats your point? It would appear to be your fault. :blink:

Sorry i won't bother puttin anythin up but i fail to see how i was at fault when i had had only passed one car before me and the was pretty much along side him when he decided to pull out? HOw can i be at blame??

PLus it wasn't at high speeds cos the rest were goin so slow.

The burning question

Is Chev really Chav in disguise

:roll: :roll: :roll:

And no i'm not a chav thanks! 8)

Well overtaking two cars at a time is unsafe. Bascially.

At least everyones ok. :thumb:

Something that surprised me when I did IAM training was that the instructor (an ex-traffic cop) was constantly banging on about "progress" and "opportunity for an overtake".

I no longer have the books - they have been legally stolen from me - but I am sure that overtaking a line of several slower cars was in there as part of the training. I always considerred this dangerous.

It extends the Time Exposed to Danger considerably, and ignores the fact that cars ahead may have been waiting for their chance to overtake too. It's probably called a queue for a reason :D

What I do understand is that any car pulling out to overtake should have looked to ensure it was safe to do so. That is the most basic part of driver training. Mirror-Signal-Manoeuvre!

Chev has got a point if he really was in the overtake position when Mr Saxo chose to pull out.

Besides - he did say the bloke was a GHinga! :)) He's gotta be wrong full stop!

Guest gti.tom

As a member of IAM, still in possesion of the books, you are sorta right Cargy. :drool:

But not a queue of vehicles travelling at the speed limit.

You still only overtake one at a time. :baby:

I've just cranked up the old hand-operated Cholmondley-Warner queen's English converter and it has this to say:

I'm afraid I neglected to take any photographs to show you all, but I was so jolly annoyed with another fellow on the road today, that I felt an overwhelming urge to relate a tale that caused me a certain amount of annoyance.

I was travelling towards Aberdeen today, and found myself delayed in a rather frustrating manner by a number of Sunday drivers. It transpired to be convoy of no less than two vehicles behind a rather elderly gentleman travelling between 30 and 40MPH for some time. At last I espied my opportunity to overtake the whole convoy in one easy run, although I neglected to consider whether those ahead of me might also have been awaiting their chance to pass the pensionable person at the head of the line.

As I was passing the penultimate vehicle, a Citroén Saxo operated his trafficator and pulled out just as I was about to pass him at speed.

Gosh, it gave me quite a jolly old scare, I can tell you! I almost had to leave the road entirely and some of my car was on the verge so that a collision was mercifully averted.

At last, the sticky situation passed and, we both drew to a halt. Well I was jiggered by the reactions ofthe ginger haired blighter who disembarked from his automobile, and proceeded to berate and chastise me in a way that indicated he felt I was utterly to blame for the whole thing!

Gosh! What a blasted cheeky old so and so. The man is a cad and a bounder.

:cheers: :cheers: superb, and chev by the sounds of things you were in wrong as saxo was infront of you, meaning he had 1st priority for overtaking

if im in a queue waiting to overtake i give plenty of time for ppl in front to move out, if they dont, i do, i was overtaking a line of cars the other month, got past the 3rd wen the 4th decided just to pull out on me......was quite amusing to watch the guys face look like he had just sh*t himself wen he spotted me drive right up to him, stupid idiot, then he carried on overtaking this tractor, wen he didnt have the power to do it before a motorbike was coming towards him, he nearly took the biker clean off, tw*t. overtaking is common sense, i dont see the illiterate guy who started this thread being in the wrong tho as before any1 overtakes the first thing shud always be mirrors :) Edited by Scotteh

Well sorry to disappoint all u's that seem to think i'm in the wrong, i reported the boy tnite cos he refuses to hav anythin to do with it apart from the fact he sed i was speedin and how he can prove that is beyond me. The officer i spoke to was 100% behind me and my statement and agreed with the fact that there was nothin wrong with overtakin 3 cars since the road was clear and like a few of you's hav pointed out the first thing u learn when u start to drive is mirror, signal and then manouvere, not signal then manouvere!

So say wot u want bout it but i can't see how you's can say i'm to blame, i'm sure lots o u's hav done a lot worse, thot abody wiz meant to be mates on here, obviously nae??