Brakes failed...

2.0Si

Ive just came in, what happened was every now and again i gave the car some stick and used harsh braking, the brake pedal would go solid and impossible to press, this means the brakes fail

Done this a few times now but not so severe, about 4 weeks ago the brake pads started grinding, i bought a new set, only to discover the drivers side pads where only 3/4 worn, the passenger side one was 3/4 worn, then the inner pad was a piece of thin, heat damaged metal about 4mm thick, proper bollocksed and the disc is dead too...

Is this suspect dodgy pass side caliper? is it sticking? why does the brake pedal go rock solid when i brake harshly and then the brakes fail almost completely?

I can get a caliper from the local scrappy for a tenner, but i aint going to bother fitting them, last time i tried to undo the flexi hose it just snapped off inside the caliper, then i had to buy another flexi hose, then when i tried to fit that it snapped off the other end onto the brake pipe :censored:

Ill probably have to get it fitted properly and get the brakes bled too, that was bloody scary though :censored:

I can get a caliper from the local scrappy for a tenner, but i aint going to bother fitting them, last time i tried to undo the flexi hose it just snapped off inside the caliper, then i had to buy another flexi hose, then when i tried to fit that it snapped off the other end onto the brake pipe :censored:

Ill probably have to get it fitted properly and get the brakes bled too, that was bloody scary though :censored:

yea mate u have 2 blow torche the hoses fittins 2 get em off

dude do you own my car or somthing lol, same thing happens to me, i just put it down to brake fade as i do eventually stop lol

loads of mk6's r gettin these fooked flexi pipes, spent loads before i got the goodridge hoses on, and rs front stopers, only when my flexi hose went, it locked my front left caliper nearly went down a ditch lol

i have never had to blow torch the flexi hose ends! mine have come off on my car easy and my brothers car easy heh.

na not the caliper end thats well easy just a 15mm socket, it's a bonjo bolt, i had 2 blow torch the end of the flexi hose 2 copper pipe they where a shite i tell ya