Don't know why i bother sometimes...

2.0Si

Went to a car meet the other night, tried to get round a tight bend with a small kerb either side going into a multistorey car park, next minute BANG up the kerb i went thought ah well my bad, damage was annoying but not too bad -

getimg.php?img=SP_A0178.jpg

Thats the DRIVERS REAR alloy.

Then coming out of work this morning, i walked past my car, and noticed a white mark on my wheel, thinking it was birdshit, i went to investigate, was it fcuk, somehow, and i don't know how and this is why im pissed off because i don't even remember or recall doing it, ive managed to do this to the PASSENGER REAR alloy..

getimg.php?img=SP_A0177.jpg

getimg.php?img=SP_A0176.jpg

Spend 100 on alloys, 180 quid for tyres, 40 quid to have the tyres fitted, and its a wasted effort within 2 weeks, if i get them refurbed its going to cost 30+ a wheel, plus the cost of removing and refitting the tyre, and not damaging them as they are a very very tight fit being 40 profiles...

:(

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:blink: :roll:

Im used to little cars ill accept that, but its just pissed me off i don't even knew id done it, the almighty bang it made when i banged the other wheel sounded like id ripped the rear axle off the car, but then the other side which i noticed this morning that id never knew id done is 9 times longer and i dont recall doing it !

Looking for a cheap car on ebay/autotrader at the minute, don't see the point in having a nice car in a Shite area, paying over the odds on insurance, and the fact im going to have a babby by the end of the month it will be nice to have a car that i dont have to worry about. :)

' date='Oct 4 2006, 06:31 PM' post='773446']

the thing that really scares me, is that in 12 years or so my daughter will be getting into car driven by drivers of your level. :(

He clipped a kerb not Fcuking run over someone. :rolleyes:

....and didnt know he'd done it....... :rolleyes:

Guest gti.tom

You've just written a post about how sensible you are and then the above, well I never.

Why dont you blame the police for this mate, probably theyre fault huh. :rolleyes:

And another bonus, you get a cheap car off Ebay, and you probably wont get pulled by old bill no more when you break the law. :mellow:

Not really bothered, just bought a 1995 diesel vauxhall astra for 180 quid with 10 Months MOT and tax, was laughing all the way to the bank...

Insurance is 35 quid cheaper, decided to save the cash for a few years and have a nice car when im 25, my insurance goes down and ive got a few new claims under my belt. Ill have my first year of no claims soon.

:drunk:

gutted for ya bout the wheel mate, its a tw@t when that happens. Could it of happened the same time you hit the front wheel but on the kerb the other side?

I remember when I first passed my test, I had a mk4 fiesta, went down to the local tyre fitters and bought a brand new set of 15" Wolfrace Voodoo's (400 quid :blush: ) then went out that night and parked up next to a kerb where it looked low, didnt notice it went up a bit again and kerbed one of the b*stard spokes :nutter: I was well gutted, havent kerbed an alloy since! :roll:

Nah definately didnt do it the same night as the other one, because when i discovered it it was pretty fresh, there was still loose flakes of paint/primer/metal which i could rub off, so i either did it the night before going onto the drive or my mum moved my car to get hers out and did it and hasnt realised, oh well.

Selling up, on my own insurance now and a few factors in my life at the moment makes me fail to see the point in needing the car i have, id rather just have a runabout and wait till ive got a few years no claims and in a few years when im 25 ill be able to insure a car bigger anf faster than a 1600 without sacrificiing 20% of my monthly wages... ive been driving almost 2 years and EVERY car i buy ill spunk at least a grand into modding it, i minds aswell put 150 aside out of every fortnights wage into a savings account and get something smart and fast in a few years time . :cheers:

' date='Oct 4 2006, 06:31 PM' post='773446']

the thing that really scares me, is that in 12 years or so my daughter will be getting into car driven by drivers of your level. :(

He clipped a kerb not Fcuking run over someone. :rolleyes:

to be fair by the sounds of the way he drives it may only be a matter of time...

i bet the lad who ran a pregnant woman over and her 2 sons Killing the woman and 1 son instantly about 2 days ago just up the road from me had only clipped a kerb or 2 before...

but im not just going on that... but also the fact he blatently took the Pee with the cops the other day SPEEDING the catch up with them...

oh and another one... yesterday another young lad speeding ran a kid over who had just left school.... 1 less 13 yr old lad in the world and 1 less muppet driver...