help pls

Pelles

After spending 3-4hrs today gutting the inside and outside of my car, getting it the cleanest its ever been since it was new, the car now repays me with not starting :(

once i turn the key the ignition system makes no clicking noise, there is however a small squeeling noise, ever so quietly, and at the end of that theres a small click, i dont know if thats my airbag arming or what ever.....

but the car just wont start, ive followed the +Ve leads down the starter motor, ive jigged them, ive shook them, ive checked the connections on the battery.....but it just wont start, this is the second time its done this, the first time i was in Tesco car park at 1am, but after 5 mins it just started again all by itself with nothing needed to be touched!

my radio etc is all coming on so my battery aint flat :(

wish it was tho, would be easier to solve

You have two options, get a new starter motor, or this.

When i used to have my old AX my starter motor packed in, and rather than buy a new one and fit it at £250 quid, i got myself a large hammer and tapped behind the starter motor quite hard. This loosen's up the ball bearings etc in it, and then when you start the car with the ignition, it will usually work.

It worked for me till I scraped my car, for about 8 months, mind you, it twas a bit interesting not knowing if the car was gonna start or not.........

And everytime we needed the hammer, me and my mates would get outta the car and start singing "Hammer Time" by MC Hammer, with screams of wooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh, wooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh, wooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh, wooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh.

And yes, we had it on |CD for when the car started and we drove away with the song playing, god we laughed over that one every time.

fixed it....

it was my battery, it was strange tho, there wasn't enough power in it for the starter motor to kick in, but enough power for it to run my sound system.......i noticed this when i thought id try and charge the battery a bit to just see, once i tester it there was no power in it what so ever, so my sound system must drain it quite a bit!

power cap for me, or seperate battery in the boot, anyone recommend any good long life batterys for my sounds?