Muzz' Car History

Muzz

Well here it is, had quite a few considering I have only been driving 3 years.

Anyway, started out with a 1.4 Mk6 which I slammed into the back of a 206 after going sideways accross the M25 during a very rainy rush hour...was caused by a pot hole but didnt think I would get a decent response from them so never bothered following it up - same pot hole is still there now :rolleyes: . Very odd thing is the woman I hit took all of my details etc, contacted me once but never went through my insurance, even though she was claiming about £3k worth of damage.

crash.jpg

crash1.jpg

I then spent a good few months looking for a near mint 3 door 1.6 LX, which is almost impossible to find. After hunting high and low I finally found one in Swindon, so snapped it up at £900 with MOT/Tax. It was totally standard when I got it.

Wheels off of 1.4:

Car003.jpg

After alot of money, time and effort it looked something like this (2l, Cossie Brakes, Rear Discs, everything coloured blah blah blah)

Southend004.jpg

Southend001.jpg

meandjoe017.jpg

engine002.jpg

The biggest mistake I made was taking it to pod, it made me realise everything I had done was pointless when the clutch shat itself after about 1000 miles and I got done by a 1.2 Corsa on the strip. Maybe if I had never of gone to that weekend I would still have it, who knows. Anyway it was for sale for about a week and it went to some guy off here for peanuts (£1900). Decided it was time for some proper power, and the same day I picked up my GT4. RR'd at 265BHP & roughly the same torque with standard boost, it was exceptionally quick after the boost had been wound up.

After 2 days of "Jap reliability" this happened:

gt4.jpg

Some hoses and stuff had melted which ended up costing me the best part of £1000 to fix, nice after buying it the same week.

GT4002.jpg

GT4004.jpg

DSC00188.jpg

After about 3 or 4 months of ownership I decided that this was not the most practical car to have as a poor student. Averaging about 20mpg on a good run and insurance of about £150 a month, lol.

I then sold this for £700 more than I paid for it which I cant complain about. Went to a lad about the same age as me and I saw it at Santa Pod during the summer and it was looking well. With the money I bought myself a diesel Corsa (K reg) which died and was scrapped within 6 months of ownership.

I then purchased this beast about a month ago, I love it. Most fun I have ever had in a car and the best thing is I couldnt give a shite what happens to it.

18082007040.jpg

DSCF1711.jpg

DSCF1722.jpg

Aside to the ones mentioned I have also had a Mk3 Astra Estate (Hilarious with 10 people in it), A Renault 5 which wouldnt die and a MK2 Fiesta which my brother got confiscated by the LAPD (nobber).

:cheers:

When do we get to see more pics of this Vitara Muzz with its new lift and bigger tyres?

When my PC is back from being repaired. It has the software for my camera/phone and I have lost the CD :(

Oh ok, look forward to seeing the pics, always had a bit of a soft spot for off-roaders :D