Saturday was a very sad day

Jackster

On my way home from visiting Grandparents in Thanet, i pull onto the sliproad for Faversham, the car conks out a metre off the junction for Brenley roundabout during rush hour traffic. Smoke was pouring out from under the bonnet and water had pissed out under the car.

before hand i had noticed the temperature gauge going up which i thought was odd because its never worked, so i opened my windows and put heaters on, then thought nothing more about it, then looked back down the gauge was in the red so i checked the air was coming out the vents, it was blowing air but the air was cold. This was only a couple of miles before the car finally gave up.

What ever did we do without mobile phones if we broke down, what a god send they are.

Called my mum to get my breakdown details and asked her to call them, she gave all my details and they replied that i wasnt covered, and that id have to pay £72 to get my car picked up. My mum calls me back relaying the info and i said thats b*ll*x i am covered, call them back tell them fine i'll pay and i'll sort it out another time, i just want to get my car of the road. Second phone call my mum gives details again and they then say yep shes covered and we will make her priority, lol, fcuk knows what they were playing at.

I had my hazerd lights on and bonnet up so people were aware that the car wasnt going anywhere yet they still pulled up behind me waiting for me to pull off, bloody idiots.

Then the police pull up telling me off because i should have called them, but at least they got the car off the road and up on an enbankment.

I was at there for ages felt like a right muppet, people staring and shaking their heads (fcuk knows what all that was about)

Eventually got it home, at first i thought it wasnt as bad as a head gasket but was the water pump, but im not that lucky, had thorough look yesterday my mates boyfriend started pulling out gadgets and testing it, filled her up with water again and got her started, the pump was working fine. the water smelt fuelly and when the spark plugs were checked there was water in with them and in my air filter.

Fngers crossed she will be back on the road for this weekend.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ge full RAC membership, it's priceless I tell u  :cheers:

as I said on saturday at the time, nasty sh1t and unfortunate

but it's hardly "dead" is it? Onwards and upwards  :cheers:

8)

Its dead in the fact it isnt going anywhere for a while, lol.

so it's just "sleeping" then, lol

Then the police pull up telling me off because i should have called them, but at least they got the car off the road and up on an enbankment.

I was at there for ages felt like a right muppet, people staring and shaking their heads (fcuk knows what all that was about)

twice now ive been sat by side of road with paul waiting for a recovery truck to come and get us lol :roll:

always get the people staring at you as they drive past like its your fault :tired:

EXACTLY what happened to me in doncaster jaks lol :thumb: xcept for sum reason i lost brakes + steering locked?! so i was stopped on a long curve :s lol

its aksing for more power now ;)

Yep steering and brakes went on mine aswell as soon as it conked out so did everything else apart from the stereo and lights and of course the handbrake, otherwise i would have rolled straight back down into a duel carriage way with lauren in the car.

:eek: wel its good yous were areet, i didnt have BD cover then (doh_ and had to wait 3 hours for the motorway company to find the most expensive company to take me to the nxt services 6 mile away (£150)

had a pee, caught a few grass hoppers, chased a few rabbits and witnessed a rabit get squashed by a truck :D what you do? lol

:eek: wel its good yous were areet, i didnt have BD cover then (doh_ and had to wait 3 hours for the motorway company to find the most expensive company to take me to the nxt services 6 mile away (£150)

had a pee, caught a few grass hoppers, chased a few rabbits and witnessed a rabit get squashed by a truck :D what you do? lol

I've never been stranded at roadsie barring after an accident, which was like 2am, so i didn't do much then, lol. But one day, I didn't move an inch on the M25 for over 3 hours. Had EVERYONE taking pictures of my car in the traffic, from kids to girls, lads and old people

Everyone was p155ing on the hard shoulder. I took a sh1t in the end, couldnt wait any longer :thumb:

x