some new pics

sav

id say red tints, but it seems im the only one to like em X(

Ian, I've emailed Dan at enginecandy about red tints......

Hi Pete,

Right as far as I'm aware coloured tints are perfectly legal it just depends on there light transmission properties (how much light they let in to you and me!). I'd have to check how much Madico (the manufacturers who supply my tint) coloured tints let through, but to be honest I wouldn't have thought the cops would give you any greif over it.

There are however a couple of things to bear in mind, although the tint is officially red, it may look pink if fitted to a red or burgundy or white car. The coloured tints can be great for the first week or so, but once the novelty wares off you may start to get tired of them, they can make driving long journeys a little harsh.

Then theres price, as the professional tint I use only comes on rolls of 100 feet at around £400 per roll I can't buy in a whole roll to do one job(unless I charge £595 to tint the car!), so I have to get a piece specially cut to do one car, which means if a mistake is made and a window needs doing twice I risk running out of film before the car is completed! (I nearly did it once, luckily I had enough left over to tint the fish tank at my local Indian take away!)

So, is it legal, probably (?) I'll find out, can I do it? yes, and it'll be around £195 for a three door, or £235 for a 5 door

If you need any more info, just ask,

Cheers Pete,

Dan, enginecandy.com

I then asked if I would be able to see a sample of the red tint but got no reply ?( ;(