Insured On Any Car?

wwwd

Excuse me for being simple, but...

I've just renewed my quote online a few weeks ago and just noticed in the documents it says something like 'The Policyholder may drive another private vehicle not belonging to him/her with the owners consent..."

Which basically means I can drive anyone elses car right?

How does that work and what cover do I have if I use someone elses car?

Edit: I've got fully comp insurance.

That vehicle needs to be insured with the owner and you will only be covered 3rd party!

Thats spot on.

The car must have an insurance policy against the numberplate.

And you only get 3rd party. Which will be fine if you get hit by another drive who is at fault, but put up in a hole if you wrap it round a tree.

Edited by bluliz

That vehicle needs to be insured with the owner and you will only be covered 3rd party! Theres an insurance geezer on here I think should be able to advise you better.

Thanks for clearing that up - I just wanted to see if I was allowed to drive my Dad's car thats all, and obviously that's insured with him.

As long as he gives you permission to drive it. There might me a clause in his policey that no under 25's can drive it. Worth readin his policy to make sure.

Guest gti.tom
Excuse me for being simple, but...

I've just renewed my quote online a few weeks ago and just noticed in the documents it says something like 'The Policyholder may drive another private vehicle not belonging to him/her with the owners consent..."

Which basically means I can drive anyone elses car right?

How does that work and what cover do I have if I use someone elses car?

Edit: I've got fully comp insurance.

Are you over 25 then mate?

You don't have to be over 25 it all depends on the insurance company

Correct.

I'm 25, my insurance doesnt cover me for driving anything other then my car. My girlfriend is 23 and she is covered for driving anything (third party)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest gti.tom
You don't have to be over 25 it all depends on the insurance company

I know. But it is literally 5% of insurance companies that insure males under 25 to drive other vehicles, and i'm always interested to hear which companies do it. :cheers: