FAO Tim

TommyT

The missus rung up yesterday for a quote and the pair of us couldn't believe how rude the lady on the other end of the phone. To laugh at her when she stated what car it was and tthen say (and i quote) "well I'm not going to insure you anyway" with a tone of attitude about herself and then provide a quote seemed a little weird at first (and diamond beat the quote by over £100).

Then she mentioned her mum (who she wanted on the policy) was disabled which to be fair, for anyone ringing up can be a sensitive issue, some of the comments made could have easily been worded better and dealt with alot more professionally and empathically.

The lady seemed like she just couldn't be bothered and was as if we were preventing her from clocking off and going home or something.

Though I would bring it to your attention as I have no intention of ringing this company again, especially to complain. Bit of a pity as I have heard a few good things about this company up until now :(

Sorry to hear that, and it sounds very unlike people who work here, especially with the wealth of experience and maturity that my colleagues have. (We also do a disability scheme as well!).

Can I just clarify, are you an existing client (and if so, can you pm me your surname & postcode), or are you a new client?

(I checked with the new business department and no-one can recollect this conversation so i'm hoping you are an existing client!).

Hi Tommy

Found the details.

We have a slightly different version of events from our side!

My colleague cannot firstly remember 'laughing' at your girlfriend, or her car, though she did say because of the age, we couldn't quote - remember our scheme starts at age 21 for Comprehensive as per our title thread.

Regarding the disability issue, and bearing in mind that we cover a disability scheme, my colleague is non-plussed at your comments because it would never be in her nature to be insensitive, regarding disability or anything for that matter. I've worked with her for 15 years, and tbh, these comments surprised me! We only ask what the computer 'asks' us and have done so for years.

The only other point i'd like to raise is that your girlfriend rang just after 9am, so the 'clocking off' scenario wasn't an issue. Maybe she was time-saving for your girlfriend?

I often, and recently, have sent my colleague excellent feedback comments from other forums so maybe it was just a 'clash of personalities'?

like a kids playground here,

someone said one thing and someone said another, can prove either, oh well

if what tommy said was real, its one less customer for you, but dont forget the biggest rule when it comes to business..

the customer is always right,

you should not make him out to seem like you dont believe him, who's to say the phone operator was telling fibs to you just so she can keep her job???

i though all these calls were recorded anyway? that would get to the bottom of it

JC + Tez, I am also very happy that he has replied as alot of companies would not bother looking into it so thank you tim.

I on the other hand I only heard parts of the conversation so can only say what I have heard and what my GF tells me happened after that. I think if Tim feels it is necessary to listen to the recording then it is up to him to cast his own opinion, yet I would not say that it is that big of an issue.

Tim, in regards to the way the disability was handled, I don't think it was so much the questions she asked, rather than her tone of voice. She also did quote her at fully comp IIRC and it was roughly £780. I think we have to agree that as you have said perhaps it was just a "clash of personalities".

I dont mean for this thread to be perceived as me slating this company, it was merely to bring it to the companies attention what had happened. I do not wish to tarnish the companies reputation, nor would I do it without any reason to, as I have read through a number posts on different forums and seen alot of feedback and as stated was surprised as I had never heard anything but good news about these people.

The fact that you have looked into it does mean alot and I will therefore retract the comment I made previously regarding not wanting to contact this company again as I feel it has been dealt with very professionally. Thanks.

JC + Tez, I am also very happy that he has replied as alot of companies would not bother looking into it so thank you tim.

I on the other hand I only heard parts of the conversation so can only say what I have heard and what my GF tells me happened after that. I think if Tim feels it is necessary to listen to the recording then it is up to him to cast his own opinion, yet I would not say that it is that big of an issue.

Tim, in regards to the way the disability was handled, I don't think it was so much the questions she asked, rather than her tone of voice. She also did quote her at fully comp IIRC and it was roughly £780. I think we have to agree that as you have said perhaps it was just a "clash of personalities".

I dont mean for this thread to be perceived as me slating this company, it was merely to bring it to the companies attention what had happened. I do not wish to tarnish the companies reputation, nor would I do it without any reason to, as I have read through a number posts on different forums and seen alot of feedback and as stated was surprised as I had never heard anything but good news about these people.

The fact that you have looked into it does mean alot and I will therefore retract the comment I made previously regarding not wanting to contact this company again as I feel it has been dealt with very professionally. Thanks.

Hi Tommy

Thanks for your kind email. As I said in my very first reply, I was genuinely sorry to hear this.

Our staff here are often praised for their efforts so it's unfortunate that this incident occurred.

It may be a case of both are right in what they say but they both viewed it differently!

It's my job to ensure things run smoothly and

like a kids playground here,

someone said one thing and someone said another, can prove either, oh well

if what tommy said was real, its one less customer for you, but dont forget the biggest rule when it comes to business..

the customer is always right,

you should not make him out to seem like you dont believe him, who's to say the phone operator was telling fibs to you just so she can keep her job???

i though all these calls were recorded anyway? that would get to the bottom of it

Umm worked at 118118 for 2 years and that aint true, infact i have had plenty of times spoken to customers who get mad, and when i eventually found what they wanted it was under a completely different name or location, so they wernt right, used to hear 'oh yeah thats the one sorry' alot. I have even helped people who really havent got a clue what they want? So yeah the customer is not always correct, not to say that they are wrong all the time of course.