Last Weeks' Events

Weezer

Driving along the M4 westbound towards Cardiff last wednesday, the van pulled across in front of me and ran into the back of the van in front of him which in turn caused him to hit 4 cars up ahead. I was the unlucky sod behind it all, resulting in this .. :rolleyes: :(

Fortunatley I had dropped my patient off half an hour before in Swansea. Pheeeew!

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z242/blondie_Vi/accident002.jpg

Fortunately the car is being repaired, not written off. I have a broken hand and an egg on my head where the airbag 'failed' and I smacked my head on the wheel, but other than that there were no other injuries of such. Very lucky indeed.

The van driver has been charged and put at fault so I'm betting his insurance will have a wail of time with claims from 5 other drivers.

Just thought I'd share :)

Edited by Kylie

Oh ouch! Hope you are ok!!

Could have been a lot worse, glad you are alright! xx

Thanks very much indeed :D :thumb: ..and your damn right, it could have been (its a saying that goes with almost every accident) but it this case it is certainly true :blink:

Och, things like that make me totally useless when they happen. I was a total wreck when I was in an accident last year. I couldn't even remember my name! Thats shock for ya! x

Take it you didn't need to call (another) ambulance then ;) :D

Take it you didn't need to call (another) ambulance then ;) :D

Haha, no I didnt :pancake: I was assed by a paramedic who was fortunately a few cars behind it all. With me being on my own and around 4 hours from home he said I should stay with the car and go to the hospital when I got back to sheffield. But with everything that followed I wish I had. I was shaking that much I couldn't even hold a ciggy!

Because It had bee someones fault it took aggggeees to sort out, each of us spending half an hour in the police car doing breath tests and the like. :rolleyes:

I got recovered off the motorway at 7.15 (not bad considering it happened at 5!!)

Then dumped at a services 40 miles up the road at 8ish and then finally picked up by the AA at 10.30.

Cant say as I enjoyed myself one bit.

...and to top it off the AA driver drove as far as he could upto midnight then had to stop for his hour break :rolleyes:

I got home at 3.30 in the morning ... not bad eh :)

Must say though everone I came accross was very helpful and kind to me - the recovery people and especially the lady at the services who put a sling on my arm, gave me a cup of tea and let me lie down in one of the Holiday Inn rooms.

Top lass :thumb:

Edited by Kylie

Glad your ok, you and that Zaf don't seem to have too much luck!

haha bless it, no it doesn't. But I owe it one thats for sure. Alot more sturdy than I ever thought it would be. It hardly budged!

It'll be fixed by friday and I'm in it all day so I'll say a big thanks to it !! :pancake: :roll:

Edited by Kylie

my mate was in an accident once with more than one car, it was obviously one persons fault but the insurance comapies claimed of each other in order or who hit who, not all from the insurance of the driver at fault. gay innit.

i bet dave broke that air bag...................

my mate was in an accident once with more than one car, it was obviously one persons fault but the insurance comapies claimed of each other in order or who hit who, not all from the insurance of the driver at fault. gay innit.

i bet dave broke that air bag...................

Yeah pretty ghey indeed :rolleyes:

I was noted down as car number 5. The van in front was number 1 obviously and 1,3,4 up to the front car. So my company will be having only one claim off the number 1 imagine. Not too sure how it all works.

As for Mr Meek - it wouldn't suprise me :pancake:

Thanks Badboyclub (sorry not sure what your name is) hope your feeling better after yours, that was nasty.