YouTube Music Videos

danposs86

Thousands of videos were made unavailable to YouTube users from late on 9 March.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7933565.stm

Theres a video at the bottom of the page if you cant be @rsed reading it all.

Such a shame a resource like YouTube is having to do this. As said, it's a global jukebox, many playlists and favourites are music videos, mainly because people enjoy watching.

Whats it all boil down to, as usual, money. Greed? Wanting a cut? Fairly paid for this huge market?

I'd like to know your views on this agreement that needs to be sorted between Google and the PRS and also your opinions on loosing your favourite music videos.

I think its a massive loss. I found it such a useful source, whether it be for finding tunes u necessarily dont know the name or artist of, or finding old music u want to listen to which u would never find on cd in a shop, or like me who loves dance music, you tube was a god send for listening to tracks that havent been released yet, or certain mixes of records, white labels etc etc.

So for me, its a huge loss. There is no other source like it. Gutting!

Whats worse I found out yesturday is that when people make personal video's and include a song in the background, YouTube can now disable the audio on the entire video even if its only a segment of copyrighted music used. Personally I think if the artist/ whoever uploads something online, then it should become freeware or they should at least expect it to be used by others.

Whats worse I found out yesturday is that when people make personal video's and include a song in the background, YouTube can now disable the audio on the entire video even if its only a segment of copyrighted music used. Personally I think if the artist/ whoever uploads something online, then it should become freeware or they should at least expect it to be used by others.

A friend of mine had his YouTube removed because he was singing and playing the guitar to Frosty The Snowman! And a video of mine was removed because there was music in the background :blink:

Everything good about YouTube is going as time goes on.

Rarely use youtube for watching music vids but i do from time to time....ah well, no massive loss for me but a shame

As for muting whole videos because there is a track playing in the background is madness...what are they going to do next? delete all videos of people playing PS3s...or people doing something else but there is a PS3 on in the background?