wont run with maf plugged in???

haighy2

hi i just noticed that my maf sensor is not plugged in and engine is running a bit erratic on idleing (i hope due to this)

but when i plug the maf in the engine runs even worse and then cuts out ...

its got a 2.0 engine in and the maf is for a 2.0 or at least i was told it was

any help would be very grateful

cheers

ian

disconnect the battery for a lil while let the ecu reset itself. some say 30 mins is adequate enough, then plug maf in the connect battery back up, if still runs like a bag of poo then you may need a new maf mate

ill try that mate cheers,

will the same apply for the superchips flash module that used to work fine on ecu but my mate nocked it out wi his foot and since then car wont run right when thats plugged back in?

cheers

ian

if your car is chipped up, disconnect battery, connect maf back up, take the chip out make sure the connections is clean, spotless of any crap. then put tape over the top of it to keep it secure, then connect battery back up 30 mins later see if it makes a difference

if your car is chipped up, disconnect battery, connect maf back up, take the chip out make sure the connections is clean, spotless of any crap. then put tape over the top of it to keep it secure, then connect battery back up 30 mins later see if it makes a difference

Right tried all that even fitted a nice red rocker cover while waiting but guess what ..... still the same lol cant understand it it ran with chip on before but now no joy /????? any one got a nice cheap 2.0 maf lol...

sounds like your maf then mate, just a quick check on the maf take it off the car, and inside there should be two needle like filaments, if they are broken then that is the problem, if not it could just be cause the internals of the unit itself has failed

sounds like your maf then mate, just a quick check on the maf take it off the car, and inside there should be two needle like filaments, if they are broken then that is the problem, if not it could just be cause the internals of the unit itself has failed

RIGHT im off to look around for a maf then lol

DO YA THINK THIS COULD BE STOPPING THE CHIP WORKING PROPERLY???

`

your chip is probably working but because of your maf bein faulty it throws everything out, the ecu will go into fail safe, meaning running a different map. hopefully it is just your maf playing up mate

hope so lol its still pretty quick without chip but youcan defo tell its not plugged in not whooping clio 172s at the moment its wounding me lol

fingers crossed ill get a new maf tomorrow and keep every one informed

cheers

ian