Aaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrgggghhhh

eetaylog

Oops. Bad disk? Did you change any storage controller drivers?

no, nothings changed, just booted up today and was greeted with BSOD. stuck another boot disc in and changed the boot priorities in BIOS so i could boot up and have a look around the damaged disc. looks fine in disc management, but all my files have gone when i look at it through explorer. can only assume physical damage. its a few years old now though so im not surprised. :(

HDD Regenerator

Give the trial a go... If it's successful (It will repair one bad sector to prove it works) then PM me!

I've used it on a few PCs now with a few screwed discs as part of recovery and it worked... Although it claims to fully repair the HDD I wouldn't rely on the disc afterwards... just recover your data and replace the disc.

HDD Regenerator

Give the trial a go... If it's successful (It will repair one bad sector to prove it works) then PM me!

I've used it on a few PCs now with a few screwed discs as part of recovery and it worked... Although it claims to fully repair the HDD I wouldn't rely on the disc afterwards... just recover your data and replace the disc.

^^ trying it now. howd you get on with mediaportal 0.2.3.0? :))

yes please, the above crashed my pc :pancake:

I was doing it's job... It can sometimes take forever but it's worth it... the problems are due to bad sectors which will need repairing unless you want to lose data.

Backup tools are going to have a hard job reading bad sectors and will probably read scrambled data... So that document naughtynurses.doc will be recoved as f456%£gsg5sg£$".doc or something similar with the same happening to the contents.

You need the full version and let that do it's thing (overnight if need be!) PM me...