sub boxes

John

i'm getting a couple of new subs soon, i wanna build a box for them but haven't got the first clue about the dimensions for them etc. is there any decent websites that tell u how to do this stuff?

i've got some ideas in my head that seem cool, just gotta figure out how to put them into practice now!

cheers for that :thumb:

i went into MCS in leicester yesterday, told the guy i was looking into getting 2 subs and a amp to power them + my 6x9s. he told me first off i don't need a amp to power the 6x9s id be better off just running them from the head unit. then he said there is no need really to get 2 subs i'd be better off just getting 1 good sub cos if i got 2 then they would just cancel each other out ?(

the guy was sound really cos i went into another place just before that and the guy in there had a bloody great list of stuff he said i'd need and it was gonna cost like £1200 :eek: at least with MSC it was gonna be under 400 quid!

any opinions on the whole 1 sub or 2? i was just kinda figuring that if i had 2 in there then i could actually get left and right channel sound out of them rather than just a fecking great rumble like i get now with just the one ?(

well you wont get left and right bass if you had 2 subs, well I suppose you could if you had a powerful enough 2 channel amp?? In my opinion the more subs the better it will sound (as anyone who sat in my car when I had 3 running will tell you) saying that it might be worth splashing out big money on a single good sub and a decent amp to run them. when he said 2 subs will cancel each other out I've never heard of that before :rolleyes: but I wouldnt bother getting 6x9s as the bass from them will interfere with the sub bass. go for a set of 2 way speakers instead.

cheers chris :thumb:

u got any recomendations on what to go for?

the guy recomended a audiobahnAW1251T 12" sub and a sony XMD1000P5 mono amp. i told him money wasn't a massive issue as long as it wasn't anything too stupid but that sub still seems a bit on the cheap end of things ?(