The death of Tricky's car

trickydicky

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey Alex if u fancy a hand doin anythin i can help, im not far from u either, u looking for a garage to keep it in or just some where for her to sit? i dont have a garage but i have a space outside she can sit

Thanks for the offer :cheers: will let you know what happens.

Cheers again :cheers:

I'd say more than likely the alternator cos for a power steering pump to catch light it must have been REALLY knackered to cause enough heat to start a fire! plus alternator at fault would explain the power cutting off then on!

Look's easy enough to fix tho, best thing to do it get the front bumper off and see what's damaged, the black smoke will have been off the wheel arch liner plastic burning, at the very most a new engine loom which is pretty easy to get hold of and is a simple plug and plug job, any zetec mk6 loom will fit ;) few bits of plastic arch liner's etc, new alternator and ps pump while your on and possible a new rad cos the end caps will have melted, aircon rad should be ok as long as the fire aint melted the aluminium end caps, bit paint and jobs a good en :D I've repaired worse fire damaged car's than that ;)

I'd say more than likely the alternator cos for a power steering pump to catch light it must have been REALLY knackered to cause enough heat to start a fire! plus alternator at fault would explain the power cutting off then on!

Look's easy enough to fix tho, best thing to do it get the front bumper off and see what's damaged, the black smoke will have been off the wheel arch liner plastic burning, at the very most a new engine loom which is pretty easy to get hold of and is a simple plug and plug job, any zetec mk6 loom will fit ;) few bits of plastic arch liner's etc, new alternator and ps pump while your on and possible a new rad cos the end caps will have melted, aircon rad should be ok as long as the fire aint melted the aluminium end caps, bit paint and jobs a good en :D I've repaired worse fire damaged car's than that ;)

Much would ya pay for it mate :cheers:

Sorry Tricky :innocent: :P

Too far for me to travel for a car that wont drive mate, If it had been closer I might have been interested. £200 would be my MAX i'd pay tho and that is only if the rest of the car is in good condition, I'm in the trade so know how much it'll cost to put right cos it's all the little bits n pieces that add up!

Too far for me to travel for a car that wont drive mate, If it had been closer I might have been interested. £200 would be my MAX i'd pay tho and that is only if the rest of the car is in good condition, I'm in the trade so know how much it'll cost to put right cos it's all the little bits n pieces that add up!

Worth more than that in bits?

RS Rear beam £100

Black lexus rear £30

Shell £70

thats £200 ignoring everything else :unsure:

I know what ya mean tho

RS Rear beam £100

Black lexus rear £30

Shell £70

I know what ya mean tho

RS rear beam on a gti? so the abs don't work anymore then?

RS Rear beam £100

Black lexus rear £30

Shell £70

I know what ya mean tho

RS rear beam on a gti? so the abs don't work anymore then?

Nope

No I may or may not sort that by putting the RS on my SI and getting an stock GTI but we'll see