Uniroyal Rainsport 2 - Has anyone tried these

JackiesGotANewCar

Have them on all 4 corners on my car.

Best tyre ive had. Lots of grip in both dry and wet conditions (wet is practically as good as dry)

Wear rate is very good, still on my first set ond my car is decked.

Noise is ok

Comfort ok but can be upset by poor roads.

Excellent value for money tyre, im definatley buyign them again.

Best tyre ive had. Lots of grip in both dry and wet conditions (wet is practically as good as dry)

Noise is ok

How low is your car? and how many miles you got out of them approx. so far?

Noise is ok

Lol - sorry I feel such a novice at this stuff. I don't know what 'decked means and I'm not sure what you mean by comfort and how it's upset by poor roads - don't laugh. Is that to do with how bumpy the ride is? Seriously - I haven't got a clue about car stuff, but I'm learning all the time.

The other thing is that my steering is really really light, so if I my wheels touch any lumps, bumps or gooves in the tarmac I can feel my wheels move with it and it pulls the steering wheel in my hands. I had my tracking done the other day and it's much better but still not quite right. My tyres are worn out so hopefully new ones should help. Think I will probably go with the Uniroyal Rainsport 2's they sound like good value. Thanks.

Edited by JackiesGotANewCar

'decked is just a term for having a low car.

And when i say upset by poor roads i mean that a road with a poor surface can let the comfort of the tyre down (quite bumpy)

The steering going light issue could be cv joints or lower arms gone??

Get it checked out to be safe ;)

Thanks Gonzo0. I will get it checked out when I have my tyres done. It does worry me especially when its wet. The man who sold me the car said that the wishbones were changed because they were knocking, but I will have them and the cv joints checked just to be sure. Thanks. :thumb:

car is -70mm at the front and -50mm at the back.

Allignment done (Done at least 4000 miles since it was lowered more and showing no signs of adverse camber wear)

Still got 3.5mm of tread on the fronts and had them on for 7 months ish.

Rears are almost brand new still :)

About time you rotated them then. How many miles have you done in those 7 months?

had these on my old XR and they are great, defo would buy them again when i have the pennies to afford them :thumb:

I found these on Ebay for £34.95 each plus postage (Parcleforce 48 £5.99 for 1 or £9.99 for 2). But I expect anyone near the east midlands could collect in person and save a bit.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=110412496310

.......of course it depends on what size tyres you need. These are 195 50 VR 15, but they have might other sizes.

Edited by JackiesGotANewCar

are these classed as budgets? where you based jackie?

I'm in South Wales, Monmouthshire.

I'm not sure, I don't think they're classed as budget. I hope they aren't as I want to feel more confident in the handling, especially in the wet. Mind you they seem to have had good reviews and comments. Our roads seem to spend more time being wet these days than not. :(