File recovery applications

sidrick

I've got two corrupt hard drives with data that I'd like to recover on them. One was actually quick formatted and a fresh install of XP installed on it.

I currently have the following full versions:

O&O DiskRecovery

Easy Recovery 6.10.07

Easy Recovery 5 Professional

File Scavenger

RecoverMyFile 2.91

Recover My Files v3

Has anyone used any of the above, or can anyone recommend one that they've used successfully at work or at home?

Please stick to topic and answer the two questions asked only, cheers.

Edited by sidrick

im in need of recovering a file...

my girlfriends dads just been on the fone, he's writing a book on Word and got a message along the lines of "you have placed alot of information on your clipboard do you want to make it available applications?" he clicked no and it totally wiped the page clean ... he then (for reasons i do not know) clicked save, i think he was tired.

so he is left with a blank page...

anyway the old file can be recoverd? is there a tempory storage bin?? would one of these programs be any help?

im in need of recovering a file...

my girlfriends dads just been on the fone, he's writing a book on Word and got a message along the lines of "you have placed alot of information on your clipboard do you want to make it available applications?" he clicked no and it totally wiped the page clean ... he then (for reasons i do not know) clicked save, i think he was tired.

so he is left with a blank page...

anyway the old file can be recoverd? is there a tempory storage bin?? would one of these programs be any help?

There are temp files stored, but they've very unreliable.

Anyway, fcuk off and get your own topic :)

Cheers Lordjc and Duffa. I'm using O&O just now and it's found a fair few. A lot are damaged or unrecognisable, which is to be expected.

I'll test out a few and look into aquiring the ones you've recommended as well.