internet explorer question and an outlook one to

McRic

Ah right, OE is a completely different thing to Outlook :)

I think the best you'll get will be the little message icon in the systray (near the clock).

I'd download Windows Live Mail to replace Outlook Express immediately as this will give you more functionality!

Ah right, OE is a completely different thing to Outlook :)

I think the best you'll get will be the little message icon in the systray (near the clock).

I'd download Windows Live Mail to replace Outlook Express immediately as this will give you more functionality!

is that web based so I'd have to dial in to use it? looking for something that'll just run in the back ground and ping up if I've got mail, also want my mail and my wifes to highlight in a diff colour

I think I'd be happy with the wee icon showing next to the clock, how do I sort that?

No it's a piece of software you install. Don't confuse Windows Live with Windows Live Mail.. one is web, one is an actual program.

installed as advised Stu but I still can't find a function to notify me of mail without actually opening the program?

Oh, yeah, it has to be open/minimised.

If your email is a POP3 mailbox, there are a gazillion free pop3 notifiers out there to download. Have a google.

I've ended up resorting back to incredimail it seems to be the best for my needs. I still can't get each website to open under a new tab without right clicking it and requesting to do so. I have tried several different settings to no avail. Is there no way ie will do this automatically? I had firefox on the last system but ie seems pretty quick on this new one so don't want to mess about with things too much.