excess after accidents

dutchkev

ok, the mrs is looking into a newer car when the insurance pay out the estate i wrote off. did a couple of quotes and with:-

1 accident with me at fault

3 points

CD10 - driving without due care

0 NCB (as of yet)

I'm getting quotes for around a grand for the car in question but.............

excess of 3 THOUSAND POUNDS!!!!! even having a £500 voluntary excess don't help

is this standard procedure after an accident or is someone having a giraffe?

Edited by dutchkev

there all my stats yeah

im not gonna lie about the accident, after all, IF i were to crash again and not admit it, them my insurance would be void and id be held liable

not saying lie m8 ive been on receiving end of that

you say your wife is looking for a car will you only have the 1 new car between you???

Mate seeing as you have had a accident and admitted fault along with your points then you are stuffed, dont wanna sound harsh but the insurance find you a high risk driver, id advise you to get a banger for a yr or 2, and build up your no claims, try and get your parents on the policy if they drive, but make sure you are the main driver and ur parents r named drivers, ud be surprised on how much the policy drops by. be careful with high excess payments, the higher u have the more u have to be careful, i no if i had an excess of that id had 500 quid put aside just incase

i live roughtly 100 miles away from my parents (moved out 6 years ago) and i aint spoke to them for several months becuase there both prats, i already have a "banger" hence the reason I wanna upgrade when our PI claim falls.

Like i said, i have already found a couple of companies who will insure me fully comp with only £295 excess and an overall policy price of £1200 which is only £200 more than the cheapest quote with a £3k excess. the monthly payments work out more but with the £300 excess at least its still affordable with points.

its gutting as i am only paying £700 now with the accident, but my points wont be added til renewal as they happened after induction of the policy