importing Virgin media account into Windows mail

Lee R

i'm having a mare!!!

Just keeps popping up asking for username and password an not accepting them........

I assume the pop and smtp's are still ntlworld????

can anyone talk me through this on MSN? :)

TIA

Setting up Windows Mail

Follow the steps below to re-create your blueyonder or ntlworld email accounts in Windows Mail.

1. Launch Window Mail via Start – Windows Mail – if you have not created a Windows Mail account previously the wizard will launch. Alternatively open Windows Mail and select 'Tools'– 'Accounts' The "Internet accounts" window will appear.

2. Click the 'Add' button in the upper right corner of the window. The 'Add Account' window appears. Select "E-mail Account", and click "Next".

3. Enter your name as you would like it to appear in the "From" field of the e-mail messages you send. Click "Next".

Enter your blueyonder or ntlworld email address, and click "Next".

5. In the 'Incoming mail server' field, enter pop3.blueyonder.co.uk if you are an ex Telewest customer or pop.ntlworld.com if you are an ex ntl customer. In the 'Outgoing e-mail server field' enter smtp.blueyonder.co.uk or smtp.ntlworld.com, tick 'Outgoing server requires authentication' if you are an ex Telewest customer. Then click "Next".

6. In the "Email username" field, enter your mailbox username – this will not currently include @blueyonder.co.uk or @ntlworld.com, e.g. if your email address was richard.branson@blueyonder.co.uk then you would enter richard.branson as your "email username". Check "Remember password" if you don't want to be prompted to enter your password each time you check for new mail. Click "Next".

7. On the final screen click "Finish"

You're not putting the @ntl bit at the end are you of the username?

no i'm not :unsure:

Account: 'pop.ntlworld.com', Server: 'pop.ntlworld.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR invalid user name or password.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

they are 100% right, i've signed in and out of Virgin Media.com with it just now...

is it a virgin email address? i would have thought virgin have thier own pop and smtp servers as opposed to the above like the NTL ECT

the 0x800CCC90 is indicating that the pop3 server is rejecting your logon. One of two possible problems either an account setting is incorrect on the mail client like one of the pop3 servers ECT or a problem at virgins end.

infact just loooked... is your email address a blueyonder or NTL? ntl has its own servers and blue yonder has thier own.

if in doubt try a telnet to the pop3 server via the command promt on your PC

is it a virgin email address? i would have thought virgin have thier own pop and smtp servers as opposed to the above like the NTL ECT

the 0x800CCC90 is indicating that the pop3 server is rejecting your logon. One of two possible problems either an account setting is incorrect on the mail client like one of the pop3 servers ECT or a problem at virgins end.

infact just loooked... is your email address a blueyonder or NTL? ntl has its own servers and blue yonder has thier own.

if in doubt try a telnet to the pop3 server via the command promt on your PC

my email is @virginmedia.com