new polisher

duffa

bit of advice really , just bought this off fleabay >> click just wanting to know what the different pads are for , mainly the 3 x black ones at the front , also came with 2 large sponge pads one softer than the other , any other advice on polishing for a beginner :cheers:

yo dude!

firstly, thats a Rotary polisher, youve got to be very careful with it, as can burn through paint/laquer with ease if missused.

first bif of advice would be, to get an old panel and practice on, till you get confident to have a blast on the car.

check out Detailing world, for more advice: http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32

as for the pads, it looks like the sponge ones are for cutting? not to sure, but the blacks are for polishing? Shiner will beable to confirm this, hes the machine polishing guru! :)

looks a good buy mate, practice on old panels before hand, and have a read up on methods and products to use

:cheers:

Edited by Simonez

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Different pads will be for different polishes etc. With mine i have a different pads for each stage. As said, seeing as its a rotary practice first as you can burn the paint. I brough a dual action for my first attempt. :)

not strictly true. you mix and match the pads and the polish to get the level of correction you require.

Different pads will be for different polishes etc. With mine i have a different pads for each stage. As said, seeing as its a rotary practice first as you can burn the paint. I brough a dual action for my first attempt. :)

not strictly true. you mix and match the pads and the polish to get the level of correction you require.

Ahh ok. Just going on what i have and what i've read. Still new to all this stuff :)