Swiftcover.com

caled

Evenin all

I've been looking around at new cars, and Im in the situation where I can afford to buy a nice car, but I cant afford to insure the damn thing thanks to my lovely M postcode. So I've been looking around on confused.com et al, and swiftcover.com is consistently cheaper than everyone else.

So

Does anyone here use them (swiftcover)? Would you recommend them? Im getting a lot of mixed messages from googling about them, some saying theyre crap but they also have won shed loads of awards.

Ta

Yep agree with the above

used them once before and NEVER again. Abso useless. Communications are poor, cant email them questions, when you try to phone they never pick up. And IF they did i got cut off 4 times.

And having to print your own documents is a pain, they wont send them out at all.

Stay well clear tbh :cheers:

I put through a few quotes on their own website as opposed to these comparison ones, and they always go up a bit, but still seems cheaper than most other companies. I have heard quite a few bad things about them, but them as this thread proves, they dont *always* seem to be too bad. According to wikipedia, they've won the following awards;

* 2008: Won Best Car Insurance Provider Award in The Personal Finance Awards

* 2008: Won the Ecommerce National Customer Service Award

* 2008: Won the Computing Excellence Award for Best IT Strategy

* 2007: Voted cheapest car insurance, on average by moneysupermarket.com

* 2007: “Marketing Effectiveness” award at The Financial Services Forum Awards

* 2006: Voted “Best Car Insurer” by moneysupermarket.com

* 2005: Winner of General Insurance “Website of the Year” by Insurance Times Awards

Swiftcover's car and travel insurance have been accredited Which? Best Buys most recently attaining “Best Buy” category winner for online car insurance in February 2009.

Now, these are some pretty good awards, especially the last one from Which?, but I think I'll go with my gut and avoid this one.

hm, been doing a bit of research on Bell.co.uk as well as elephant.co.uk, they're both part of Admiral, and they both seem to give surprisingly cheap insurance quotes, which may even allow me to get the car that I really want...

So new question, what are everyones experiences with either Bell or Elephant?

Cheers for the help, guys :cheers: