Laptop Spec upgrade

16Vrhys

dont fancy trying it really it looks the same set up as vista and i still prefer the basic XP layouts , do the laptop have a extra slot to add extra ram or do i need to take old one out and replace it?

You won't know that until you take the cover off and have a look. You can interrogate it using software, but it's easier just to look!

youll see loading times improve if you use more RAM. Bare in mind though that youre limited to 3Gb of RAM under XP, but unless youre gonna upgrade your processor (which isnt straight forward in laptops) youre not going to notice much difference beyond ~2Gb of memory as youre limited by your processors bus capabilities.

dont be fooled into comparing Win7 with Vista. It might look similar, but its vastly more stable (even on older machines), uses less processor power (therefore runs cooler) and is way more compatable with software. cant recommend it enough.

dont fancy trying it really it looks the same set up as vista and i still prefer the basic XP layouts , do the laptop have a extra slot to add extra ram or do i need to take old one out and replace it?

Its far from the same as Vista and with your memory limitation your likely to see your laptop run as fast as xp on win7 but with all the bells & whistles of an up to date OS.

Its not hard to make your "layouts" you like in xp by altering your settings in win7.

As for games, well thats down to your graphics built into the laptop, if they arnt up to scratch then no amount of memory & hard drives will improve it.

Edited by PeeWee

Sounds like an extra BHP for zero outlay thread.

windows 7 i mean lol

where can i get a copy of windows 7?

Any computer shop will sort you Windows 7. :cheers:

If he's unwilling to pay £70 for RAM, he's unlikely to pay the same for Windows 7 THEN the same again for the needed RAM upgrade :-\

My thoughts were of improving without the ram upgrade, the shop I mentioned was a tad sarcastic.