Some Websites Not Working?

wwwd

Weird problem, some websites just won't work.

I'm having the same problem on my laptop (wireless and on Vista) and my desktop machine (wired and on XP).

Basically, I can't access bank websites - they just 'load' and never come up. For some reason it's also happening with other websites like Odeon.

But websites like EVO, Facebook, eBay and Play.com work fine.

Any ideas what's up?

Both connecting to the internet via the same router I assume?

It won't be spyware, it'll most likely be router-side problems, with DNS being a likely cause.

You could call your ISP and explain the situation, which might be easier as someone will advise you while you're on the line.....

or

Log onto the router and change the DNS to openDNS or something similar. Do a little research 1st to understand what you're doing/changing.

It won't be spyware, it'll most likely be router-side problems, with DNS being a likely cause.

You could call your ISP and explain the situation, which might be easier as someone will advise you while you're on the line.....

or

Log onto the router and change the DNS to openDNS or something similar. Do a little research 1st to understand what you're doing/changing.

I doubt it, I'm with AOL.

If I call, is it likely a call centre person from India would be able to sort it out or am I better trying to fix this myself?

or

If I call, is it likely a call centre person from India would be able to sort it out or am I better trying to fix this myself?

It's do-able yourself, but if you c0ck something up you're still going to have to be on the line to the call-centre, aren't you?

They might be able to offer some other troubleshooting tips and potential solutions, as if it is a router/ISP side problem, it's likely they've seen it a few times before. I wouldn't write them off before giving them a go. If they're pish, hang up and look into it yourself with the help of the EVO massive (eeek!).

can anyone get on the argos website? the missus has been trying for must be months now.. never really looked into it it only seems to happen when you open up a new browser and actually type in, www.argos.co.uk.

if you was to go to google... search argos toys or somethin ad go from the google link... it works. not only on the one pc either also tryed on xp & vista on another pc. if anyone else has a go let me know how you get on, everything else works fine.

or

It's do-able yourself, but if you c0ck something up you're still going to have to be on the line to the call-centre, aren't you?

They might be able to offer some other troubleshooting tips and potential solutions, as if it is a router/ISP side problem, it's likely they've seen it a few times before. I wouldn't write them off before giving them a go. If they're pish, hang up and look into it yourself with the help of the EVO massive (eeek!).

Right, I'm going to call them now.

What should I say is the problem? I don't really know what I'm talking about you see!

Well AOL were useless.

They told me to clear my cache, cookies, etc. and change the MTU on my router to 1450.

I've logged into my router now, and under 'Dynamic DNS' it has the following:

http://www.evo-host.co.uk/getimg/22230.gif

But on the drop-down box there's only an option to select 'www.DynDNS.org'.

Can anyone point me in the right direction what to do next? I'll try anything at this point!

Is this what I should be looking for:

Clicky