XP Antispyware 2010 virus

eetaylog

All sorted now, but cheers for the pointers anyway. i did a system restore to a few days ago and it seems to be gone now. :thumb:

btw, i did a scan in safe mode with various AV softwares and that still didnt get rid of it. As said above, it wasnt actually a virus tho, but it was a stubborn SOB.

All sorted now, but cheers for the pointers anyway. i did a system restore to a few days ago and it seems to be gone now. :thumb:

btw, i did a scan in safe mode with various AV softwares and that still didnt get rid of it. As said above, it wasnt actually a virus tho, but it was a stubborn SOB.

yup...dont do much harm but just wants you to give em money. fingers crossed its really gone as these things can back up with the sys restore

i'm surprised that worked , normally shyte like that dont shift with an easy system restore ... but nice 1 if its worked

id be checking still.. i often found that these viruses were quite commonly coupled up with a backdoor bot (spam bot) must be they way it speads about, go into command prompt and run a netstat, itll show you all the active connection... check for any with smtp like the ones below.. if there are any there you have got a spam bot

http://i437.photobucket.com/albums/qq96/burdturgler/netstat.jpg

id be checking still.. i often found that these viruses were quite commonly coupled up with a backdoor bot (spam bot) must be they way it speads about, go into command prompt and run a netstat, itll show you all the active connection... check for any with smtp like the ones below.. if there are any there you have got a spam bot

http://i437.photobucket.com/albums/qq96/burdturgler/netstat.jpg

It's not a virus though - it's a program that throws up fake alerts. Variants install a fake Windows Defender which also throws up fake alerts, and I've also seen one that changes your desktop background image into a virus alert window.

Good shout. Just ran one and im officially as clean as a nuns quim.