electrical problem

m787srj

right i've fitted the 2L lump had a few problems but got the car back from the garage on the weekend as i heard a noise and it turn't out to be the bearing on the alternator, so had a second hand one fitted.

drove the car all weekend and to work this morning perfect. but when driving home i lost all power for a couple of seconds and then everthing was fine.

went out about an hour ago. driving along and lost power, pulled to the side of the road.

only power left in the car was sidelights and cd player, but when i put the hazards on the cd player cuts out. no power when key is turned no lights on the dashnothing just cd player works and side li

lights.

anyone have tis problem or know how to fix it cheers

right i've fitted the 2L lump had a few problems but got the car back from the garage on the weekend as i heard a noise and it turn't out to be the bearing on the alternator, so had a second hand one fitted.

drove the car all weekend and to work this morning perfect. but when driving home i lost all power for a couple of seconds and then everthing was fine.

went out about an hour ago. driving along and lost power, pulled to the side of the road.

only power left in the car was sidelights and cd player, but when i put the hazards on the cd player cuts out. no power when key is turned no lights on the dashnothing just cd player works and side li

lights.

anyone have tis problem or know how to fix it cheers

going to guess that this might not be a good one or you have a poor earth somewhere

Sounds like a flat battery.. did whoever fitted the alternator check it was working properly after fitment?

took the car back to the garage... they took a look at it and said i needs a new fuse box. there is a live going into it but not coming out.

i can't see how it needs a new fuse box when it was working fine before??

do you think i beeing had :nutter:

the battery was almost completely dead as well ???

Sounds like a flat battery.. did whoever fitted the alternator check it was working properly after fitment?

took the car back to the garage... they took a look at it and said i needs a new fuse box. there is a live going into it but not coming out.

i can't see how it needs a new fuse box when it was working fine before??

do you think i beeing had :nutter:

the battery was almost completely dead as well ???

someone did post this on anther site. but i've never heard of a power hold relay???

I might be totally wrong but here's my guess:

Sounds like the power hold relay. Basically all the electrical systems would overload the ignition key switch, so there's a chunky relay involved except for systems which have to be on without ignition - ie parking lights, locking, alarm, audio.

However, it might not be the relay itself as I had a fault with the ground wiring from the fuse box to the metalwork near the fuse box (A pillar) - the nut was loose on a stud and the intermittent contact was making my power hold relay drop out (a garage diagnosed a faulty fusebox and would have happily charged a fortune to replace if it hadn't been out of stock!).

Edited by m787srj