Are MK5 and 6 heaters the same?

massivewangers

I know the controls themselves are obviously different, and I would assume some of the wiring might be slightly different due to this, but I'm curious as to whether the blowers and things are different?

As to be honest, the heater in my MK5 is shite, and it always seems to be in MK5s. Is the Mk6 system any better? As they always seem slightly better. Can any components be swapped to make it better if they are different?

I know the controls themselves are obviously different, and I would assume some of the wiring might be slightly different due to this, but I'm curious as to whether the blowers and things are different?

As to be honest, the heater in my MK5 is shite, and it always seems to be in MK5s. Is the Mk6 system any better? As they always seem slightly better. Can any components be swapped to make it better if they are different?

From what I recall when I striped the interior out of my previous mk6 mexico and when I had the dash partially out my mates old mk5 the heater blowers were positioned similiarly and appeared the same rig... only the directional plastic ducts were slightly different in route and shape.

Also my current mk5b seems likewise setup :thumb: