Window Regulator

Frazer_d

Hi Folks

My passenger side window regulator has given up on me. I have a 5 door Mk6, I am wondering if they will fit or will I have to buy another one and fit it?

Cheers

Fraz

you need to get another one from a 3 door bud :thumb: both mine packed in when I got my car

you need to get another one from a 3 door bud :thumb: both mine packed in when I got my car

not entirel true.

The units and fixing points on both 3dr and 5dr are more or less identical, as are the runner, motor and glass fixing point, the actual only notable difference is the cable lengths running from motor to regulator rail (the 3dr being notably longer) which can complicate matters if your using a 3dr rig in a 5dr door cavity as the cables can be to long.....the opersite however is less dificult and only requires the motor being mounted in a different position (which will become aparant once in the door).

I currently have a 5dr rig running my 3dr drivers window without issue :thumb:

not entirel true.

The units and fixing points on both 3dr and 5dr are more or less identical, as are the runner, motor and glass fixing point, the actual only notable difference is the cable lengths running from motor to regulator rail (the 3dr being notably longer) which can complicate matters if your using a 3dr rig in a 5dr door cavity as the cables can be to long.....the opersite however is less dificult and only requires the motor being mounted in a different position (which will become aparant once in the door).

Is it much work to drill 3 new holes for the motor and lign it up? It would save me a bit of money which is always a boost.

not entirel true.

Is it much work to drill 3 new holes for the motor and lign it up? It would save me a bit of money which is always a boost.

you can only really use 2 of the original fixing points on the motor if all your gonna do is drill, you can use the other if you fasten a metal strap across the cavity hole the motor will sit infront and fasten the third point to it to it.... overkill imho as two points fastened firmly holds the motor just fine.